What is this place

He pulled up to a bar and it was packed. He helped me out of the truck and wrapped his arm around my waist.

"What is This place?" "You'll see" he said opening the door.

There were people drinking, talking, and dancing. There was a lot of people out on the dance floor. We walked in and people started saying hi to Lucas and asking him who I was.

One guy with blonde hair came up to Lucas and they hugged.

"Glad that you could make it Lucas" he looked over to me and smiled. "You must be Scarlett the girl Lucas had me look up" oh he was Lucas's cop friend.

"Yeah that's me" he smiled "well my name is Luke I've been friends with Lucas since we were baby's" Lucas still had his arm around me and I felt it get tighter when the next guy came up to us.

"What is he doing here?" Lucas hissed to Luke but it was to late for him to answer.

"Ah Lucas you came I'm surprise that you did" the guy in front of us was tall with black hair.

"Yeah I am" Lucas sounded mad.

The guy looked at me and smiled. "And who might this beautiful little thing here be?" Lucas's hold got tighter.

"I'm Scarlett" I smiled at him not wanting to be rude. He looked at me up and down and it gave me the creeps. I did not like this guy one bit.

"Well hello Scarlett I'm jack its nice to meet you" his smile was even creepy. "Let's go dance" Lucas said pulling me away from jack and Luke.

We went to the dance floor and Lucas was showing me how to dance.

We were having fun laughing, dancing. Every time I'm with Lucas I forget about my past and just live in the moment. Lucas makes me feel alive after felling dead all those years.

After awhile we got tired of dancing so we went and sat at a table with Luke.

"So Scarlett tell me about yourself" Luke said as he took a sip of his beer.

"Well there's not much to tell. Um my mother grew up here so I thought it would be cool to come back and see what it's like. I like to listen to music and I don't times sing but not good. I can also burp the hole alphabet"

I looked up at the boys who were smirking at me. "What is there something on my face" I quickly put my hand up to my face and felt nothing"

"No nothing is we just would like to here you sing" Luke said sitting back in his seat. "Yeah I mean I know you like country music so sing something for us" Lucas had a boyish grin on his face. He was enjoying this.

"I don't think so" I grabbed my bottle and took a long sip. "Oh come on please" they both said pouting. "Ok fine but I'll only sing right here and only to you two"

Luke and Lucas looked at each other then back to me. "Deal" well ok it looks like I'm singing.

"I know they say you cant go home again.

I just had to come back one last time.

Ma'am I know you don't know me from Adam.

But these handprints on the front steps are mine.

And up those stairs, in that little back bedroom

is where I did my homework and I learned to play guitar.

And I bet you didn't know under that live oak

my favorite dog is buried in the yard.

I thought if I could touch this place or feel it

this brokenness inside me might start healing.

Out here its like I'm someone else,

I thought that maybe I could find myself

if I could just come in I swear I'll leave.

Won't take nothing but a memory

from the house that built me."

I looked back at the boys and there eyes were wide. I looked behind me to see that some people had stopped and listened to me. I covered my eyes and stared laughing.

"Oh god" I said. "Scarlett that was...wow. Lucas your girl can sing" I popped my head up when he said your girl. I saw that Lucas had a smile on his face.

"Yeah she does Luke" wait did he not say anything about the whole your girl thing. Oh whatever it's just my imagination.

"Thanks ok now that I'm done embracing myself I'm going to head to the lady's room". I got up and walked around till I got to the hallway with the bathrooms. Right before I could get to the door I felt to hands grab my waist and push me up against a wall.

________________________________
So she can sing? Looks like we may have more music coming. What do you think of Luke? Do you think he is a good friend?