Cowboy hat

"You ready" Lucas asked putting his hand out for me to put my foot in. "Yeah I think" I went to lift my leg but he stopped me.

"oh wait can't forget this" Lucas grabbed a white cowboy had from the side and put it on my head.

"Do I look official now" I smiled looking up at him. He chuckled and pulled the hat down a little. "Perfect" I blushed when he said that and looked down at my feet. "Ok let's do this" he put his hands back out for me and I put one foot in and I was up in the air. I landed on the saddle and realized that I was up here.

Lucas showed me how to hold the Reins and everything. We were all out side walking around. It was a nice day out and sunny. Which made me regret wearing this long sleeve shirt but I had to.

We walked around for about an hour when Jenna wanted to go and do tricks. Lucas and I got off the horse and un saddled them and brushing them down when we were done. We went to watch Maddison teach Jenna some jump tricks.

"She is really good" I said as I learned on the fence. "Yeah she wants to start competing... but with what happened to our father my mother is scared to let her". I was curious as to where his father was. "What happened? If you don't want to tell me it's fine" Lucas was still watching Jenna. "No it's ok I'll tell you" he turned back to me.

"My dad  loved riding. He taught Jenna and me everything we know. My dad also liked bull riding and would compete. One day he was competing and the bull he was on threw him up and off him. He hit the ground and stopped breathing".

Oh my gosh. I wiped the tear that came out of my eye and hugged Lucas. "I'm so sorry" I whispered. He wrapped his arms around me and returned the hug. "Thanks Scarlett"

After Lucas and I's little moment we all went in to have a late lunch. After lunch I ran up to my room and got in the shower. When I got out I dried off and put my white lace bra and panties on. I only brought my shorts in with me. Since I was in my room I could just walk out.

When I opened the door I saw Lucas right there staring At me. He just walked in because he had his hand on the Handel. He had a shocked expression on his face then he looked down and it went away with confusion.

Not only was I only in a bra but you could see my cut. I ran to my bag and pulled out the only t-shirt that was to big for me. I pulled it over my head and looked back to Lucas.

"Don't you knock?" I asked sounding harsh. He didn't listen to me. He was still staring at the place that my scar was at.

He took two big strides to me and I got scared so I backed up. We kept doing this until my back hit that wall. "Shit" I cursed under my breath when I realized I'm trapped.

Lucas looked down at me and I saw that he was angry but in his eyes I could also see hurt. He got down on his knees and grabbed my shirt. I jumped and tried to move but he held me in place with his other hand. He pulled up my shirt till it hit the top of my bra.

The anger left his face and I saw hurt. Why? It's not like I mean something. He slowly put his hand on my stomach and it gave me chills. He traced the out line of the cut making me breath out a sigh. He followed the marks turning me around so he could see my back.

I let tears come out because now he was going to find out. He was tracing my scars on my back and it only made me cry more. Not because he was hurting me, because he did it with care. I let out a hiccup trying to settle my crying down but it did not work.

He turned me back around and I let my head hit the wall behind me. "Why" I whispered to myself wishing that the floor could just swallow me up. Lucas let go of my shirt and stood back up. I closed my eyes not wanting to see what he thought of me now.

I was an ugly person and now he saw. I was never to be loved because of everything I've done or seen.

I felt Lucas's hands cup my face. He wiped away the tears. "Scarlett open your eyes" I shook my head no. I knew if I looked at him I would break. "Please just look at me" I pushed him away and ran to the bed getting under the covers.

"Just go away you've seen enough for one day?" I screamed. I felt the bed dip next to me and two strong arms lift me up. I pushed myself away from him with my eyes still closed.

"Scarlett just tell me what's wrong please I hate seeing you this way". "THEN GO" I pushed myself off of him and I hit the floor. Ow that really hurt my butt.

"Lucas please just... go" I whispered looking down at the floor. He got up and walked over to me. He scoped me up and put me back on the bed. I felt his breath right by my ear.

"I'll never leave. You can tell me when your ready but know that I'm not going anywhere" and with that he was out the door.

________________________________
Well...that just happened. So he saw Scarlett's scars. Looks like Lucas wants to help Scarlett and doesn't look like he is leaving soon. What do you think of Lucas?