Prologue

*Third POV*

Two hidden men stood in the dark alleyway, both silent and watchful of the other, both waiting for the other to speak.

One was wearing a dark suit, his eyes covered by the black fedora that rested atop his head, his fingers twirling a gold coin that had a crown on one side, and a red gem on the back, thin and fragile as if one hit would crack it.

The other man stared at the coin, his eyes following each movement yet still keeping the blank expression he felt was appropriate for the situation. Though he would prefer if the other got a move on with what he wanted. 

After another long silence besides the clicking coin between the man's fingers, he finally spoke, his voice slick and smooth as if he had nothing to worry about, and nothing to fear. Yet it was serious, and clear, letting the other know he met business.

"I hear your daughter is well..." He said, speaking casually as he continued playing with the coin.

The other man simply nodded once, keeping his expression still and his eyes on the coin.

"It has been a long while..." Continued the other, taking a step forward in the shadows as the loud city continued to race around them, "Been a long time since I'd seen her last... Is she... She's eight now isn't she? That's right, isn't it?"

Once again, there was a nod, and the mans eyes moved from the coin to the shadowed face of his associate. 

There was a very long silence, the coin man waiting for the other to reply with something, anything he needed to say.

Finally, he spoke, and his voice was like cold ice and stone as he demanded stiffly, "Why did you call me here?"

The man playing with the coin let out a sigh and continued to roll the coin, looking down as he mumbled, "You're no fun are you Johnathan..."

Johnathan looked at the other man with his eyes scowling, yet his thin lips tight from saying anything he would regret. He knew how powerful the other was, and he wasn't about to get himself killed because of a little insult.

"I have a job for you... A very important one..." The man continued, his mouth curling slowly into a smile as he thought of his plan, still playing with the coin and listening to the clicks. 

When Johnathan said nothing, the man continued, "You see... Cortex has been going through some difficult situations. The Underground is too suspicious of me, and they are getting closer to discovering my cover. We have also been loosing too much knowledge on them, and to top it all off my specialist has quit and run off."

"Your specialist?" Johnathan cut in, wondering who the man could be talking about.

With his smile growing, the man replied, "Yes, my specialist. Her name was Frisk... She was my specialist on knowledge of monsters and... Well everything. She has studied most her life and knows about everything there is to know. She is quite an intelligent woman."

His smile fell, though Johnathan couldn't see from how dark it was.

"... Though she has escaped, on the run we would say. And if we want to get any information on The Underground or how to fix our systems, we need her back."

Johnathan shook his head and took a step back from the man, making him frown and the sound of the clicking coin move slower.

"I don't want any part of this," Johnathan explained, still keeping his voice like stone as he looked away from the rolling coin, staring at the slick cement ground. "I have a daughter I need to take care of, and a home I want to keep. I've been out of the business for a while, and I like it that way."

As he turned around to leave, brushing away the conversation like dust, he suddenly heard the other man say quickly, "Would be a shame if anything happened to little Arianna."

Johnathan stopped after hearing his daughter's name, his ears picking up on every click the coin made, his eyes still staring at the ground in suspense at the threat the man had intended.

With another curling smile of relaxation in the fact he had Johnathan now, the man continued to roll his coin and he said without an answer, "The poor girl doesn't deserve to be killed now does she..."

Johnathan could suddenly feel himself grow slightly afraid, and he tried to control his breathing as he thought about Cortex already having orders to kill his little girl who was probably already asleep at home in her cozy bed.

The man continued in a slick voice and a curled grin as he suddenly gripped the coin tightly in his slender fingers, "Now lets see if her father does..."

After a small moment of hesitation that echoed the silence, Johnathan turned his head slowly and looking at the man with sharp eyes.

Then, Johnathan said with his collected stone voice, "What exactly do you want me to do...?"

The man smiled.

**********

A/N: THIS IS MY FIRST MAFIATALE BOOK YAY!!!!

Oh I have made a lot of planning for this and I am very excited!

The prologue is a short chapter because... Well its the prologue.

So I hope you liked it so far!

The next chapters should be longer, but they won't come out right away.

Instead of doing an every day thing like with Echotale, I will be doing every week.

If I can... :(

This summer I am very, very, very, very, very, very busy.

So I won't find that much time to write or post. 

And one week I will be COMPLETELY GONE!

But I do hope you stay with me and like the book!

I will not give up on it, and I hope you believe that.

I WILL NOT GIVE UP!

I, 
*author's name*
Will promise to stay on this book,
Until it is finished and satisfying to myself,
And to the lovely readers.

THERE.

THAT'S MY OATH.

I HOPE YOU ENJOY IT, BECAUSE IT'S TRUE.

IF YOU DON'T GIVE UP,

THEN I WONT EITHER!

Thank you bye!

If you have any questions, please ask here and I will get to them as soon as possible.

Tell me what you think. Thanks! :)