Chapter 10:

*Third POV*

When Frisk's eyes opened, the world solidified and her ears picked up the sound of a pencil scribbling against paper.

Confused by the sound, Frisk tried not to move, her mind trying to process what it could be.

She knew that it must be someone writing, but she was wondering who could be writing in her room while she was sleeping.

For a small fluttering moment, she hoped it was Toriel.

Frisk felt guilt seep inside her the moment she woke up about yelling at Toriel the other night. 

Had Toriel done anything wrong?

She was only being kind.

If Frisk should be mad at anyone, it should be Sans.

'You can't trust Toriel either,' Frisk reminded herself as her eyes stared at the brick wall next to her bed, 'You can't trust anyone here.'

But unable to fight her curiosity, (and hating her confusion) Frisk slowly rolled on her opposite side to see who was scribbling away at her desk.

To her surprise, (and dread) Frisk could see Sans, sitting at her desk with a dull number two pencil in his hand.

What bothered her most about the situation, was that he was writing with a dull pencil.

She would have sharpened it by that point, or at least gotten a new pencil.

He was so unorganized, Frisk hated him right then and there.

Seeing Sans was so eye catching for Frisk, she hadn't noticed the new clock or book that rested on the top of her desk next to Sans who was still writing away, even though he knew she was awake.

"What are you doing?!" Frisk yelled, so suddenly she shocked herself.

Sans jumped a bit, and his pencil stopped as he turned to face her, his eyes almost concerned, yet mostly confused.

When he saw that she was alright, he smiled a bit (which angered Frisk more) and continued to write on the scattered papers before him as he replied, "Working on a few cases. I thought that while you slept I could maybe help you a bit with these."

Frisk glared and sat up, slightly embarrassed (and disgusted) that he was in her room last night while she was sleeping.

She moved her smooth brown hair behind her ears and tried to smooth it down a bit, hating herself for looking so ruddy when she was speaking with one of The Underground members.

"Help me with them? It isn't my work," She stated, sitting on the edge of her bed and folding her arms, her eyes finally catching sight of the clock and book.

Silently, she thanked Toriel, but was cut short when Sans said, "Yes it is. I got a few cases for you to work on, so you aren't bored in here. Besides, they should be easy for you. You probably know a lot of these Cortex members."

Even with her curiosity tugging at her, begging her to stand up and check the pictures, Frisk held herself to the bed and stared at the skeleton, her eyes narrowed and strict.

"What if I don't want to work on them?" She argued, keeping her voice clear and strong.

"Then ya don't have to," Sans replied simply, shrugging and looking at her with a smile, "Except I know you will anyway."

Frisk tried to hold in a growl, yet she snarled and claimed, "You don't know that."

"Sure I do."