Chapter 26

*Third POV*

Frisk had never done this before, and as she was standing in the elevator along side Asgore, being lead down into the interrogation rooms, Frisk realized she was not prepared to talk with Johnathan at all.

She had glanced at Asgore as if looking for answers, about to ask if she could schedule another time to talk with him. Except she stopped herself, knowing that the more time that passed, the more time Cortex had to hurt Johnathan's child. 

That is, if they planned on hurting it at all. 

The doors to the elevator opened, and Frisk stared down a long hallway of doors and one sided windows, the other side being tinted, (from what Frisk guessed based on what she knew about interrogation rooms) 

Asgore started walking, and Frisk followed briskly, her eyes staring into each room they passed. She was surprised to find most rooms empty, and she also wondered why they didn't keep Johnathan in a closer room next to the elevator. It would be much more efficient than having to walk a long way to the other side of the hallway just to find one man, not to mention how lost you could get if someone had a poor memory at remembering the room-

"Alright Frisk," Asgore cut in, stopping at a window and peering inside. Frisk did the same, and she looked through the glass at Johnathan who was still tied to a chair, his head low, and his hair covering his eyes. She felt a slight sting of pity.

"This is is," Asgore stated, looking over at her with a look of professional sincerity, "Whenever you're ready."

Frisk wasn't ready, and she knew that, so she was glad for Asgore's offer when he said this, and instead of moving to the door, she simply stared at the man in the room, and tried to read every part of him.

'Messy hair, hasn't been brushed, that could just be because he has no chance to, but the only way it could be disarrayed is if he was shaking. Could this mean he was moving his head? If so, was he angry? Distressed? This could also mean someone else messed it up for him, it could of been Undyne considering that is how a brute force could respond to this situation. Is that how she handles interrogations? What else does Undyne do- No. Frisk, this isn't about Undyne this is about Johnathan. Focus, Frisk, focus, what else can you read about-'

Asgore cleared his throat, jolting Frisk out of her focus. "I, hope that 'whenever you're ready', is soon. Because again, we don't have a lot of time... and Sans said that you would be our best option for this..."

"Oh, yes of course," Frisk said, straightening and looking at the door. 

Then, she moved over to it, and walked inside.

Johnathan hardly moved when Frisk entered the room, and when he did, it was just the slightest tilt of his head as to make room for his eyes to look at her.

She slowly walked inside, and moved to the front of him, being sure to keep her distance, even though she could quite clearly see the metal chair was bolted to the ground. She stopped in front of him, and fought a jump of fright as he slowly looked up from where his head was sulking, and into her eyes, his own calm and collected.

The two stared into each other's eyes, Frisk forcing herself to look at his eyebrows instead, as to not feel intimidated by his glance. Both were silent, and Frisk struggled to think of an opening line that would shake his core, something that would get him to talk.

Based on the psychology books she read, she knew that there were thousands of possibilities with how to talk to someone, and the only way she could get this down, is if she knew Johnathan well. She began to wish he was one of the files they had her work on.