Chapter 6:

*Third POV*

By the day's end Frisk had finished her book from the library, and it was at the end of the day when Sans finally came back to get her.

At first, Frisk didn't notice him come in until the flooding light was recognizable.

Conveniently, there were papers and notebooks in the desk drawer for Frisk to use, along with a bunch of sharpened pencils for her to take notes with.

The light opened on her hand scribbling away at notes she was copying down from the book as Sans opened the door and walked in.

Though she didn't turn to face him until she was finished with the last page in the book, and when she was, she shut it, then put the black notebook she was using back into the drawer.

"Did you finish that?" Sans asked, looking at her as if slightly impressed.

Frisk turned to him and squinted her eyes, (mostly from the light) then she replied, "Yes, I did. Which means it would be kind of you to return it back to The Avalon library."

"You finished that today? I just gave you it this morning," Sans said as he walked to the desk, staring at the book as if it wasn't real.

Frisk looked at the wide open door and for a moment considered escaping.

Except she realized that this place was crawling with Underground members and that she hardly knew how to get out.

Escaping through the door would not be an option.

"What do you want?" Frisk snapped, folding her arms and shifting her weight onto one leg.

"Nothing," Sans answered, opening the book with one hand and flipping through the pages as if inspecting it, "Just came to check on ya."

"What- No, 'give me your information' or, 'I have a few questions for you'?"

"Nope. Just checking on ya."

Frisk watched Sans toy with her book and run a bone finger across the wood top of her desk, a small smile stuck to his face.

She was too bewildered to say anything to the crazy man.

What could his plan be to get information? To do his job? Was it really just messing with her head?

What had they assigned him to do?

"Well, you've checked on me. Congratulations," Frisk said sarcasticly, and a bit skeptically, still unbelieving of the character before her.

Sans looked up from the desk and at Frisk with a face that looked stunned for a moment before he shrugged and turned to leave.

"Okay," he said as he walked to the door.

"What is your problem?!" Frisk yelled at him, causing him to pause in his step.

Clenching her fists, Frisk continued to stare at Sans, trying to decipher him, trying to figure him out.

"I don't have a problem. You're the only one that has a problem with the situation," he replied, smiling at her, without a care in the world.

"Y-you- what?! No I don't! I just don't understand you!"

"Ah yes," Sans said as he turned and walked back over to her, "You just can't stand being confused."

Realizing that he was figuring more things about her than she was of him, Frisk tried to think of something she could say to him.

But for some reason her thoughts weren't working properly, and Frisk's mouth was open in a dry silence that caused Sans to smile wider.