Chapter 7:

*Third POV*

Johnathan had left home late enough to know his daughter was asleep, and that she had no knowledge on his where abouts.

He had to make sure he was leaving at exactly 10:00pm, and would be home by 4:00am, while little Arianna was still sleeping.

It was one more day until he went after Frisk once more, and this time he was sure to get in.

As Johnathan crept from his home and locked the door, his mind replayed Capture's words from earlier that morning.

'I can't afford to have you fail again.'

Johnathan couldn't either.

He knew that one wrong move and his sweet caring daughter would be gone from him, forever.

The chance of failing was a risk he couldn't take, and as he thought it over while heading to his car, he realized that he would need a bit more time to perfect his plan before capturing Frisk.

The end of the week.

That was what he set his mind to as he slid into his grey car and shut the door.

Instead of one day left he would have five to plan and think.

The only thing that troubled him was bring up the news to Capture.

How would his boss react when hearing that his most incredible source of information would not be available until the end of the week?

When Johnathan drove off, he knew that there wasn't much of a choice he could give to Capture.

Either he could go in one day, and be bound to fail, or he could go at the end of the week, and have her in Capture's clutches by the end, guaranteed.

Not like Johnathan had much of a choice either.

While he drove he thought over his choices, and realized that he wasn't doing the greater good.

One hand, says he keeps his daughter safe by doing as he's told.

The other, says he lets Frisk stay safe, (possibly saving thousands) by disspobeying The King Of Cortex.

Which choice was the greater good?

Johnathan knew the answer.

He had always know it from the first moment he was given the job.

It was neither.

Both were easy compared to the greater good.

Either one would be hard, yet easier to obtain than what was truly the right thing to do.

The right thing would be to try and find a way to take down Cortex on his own, to find some way to keep the information expert and his daughter safe.

Of course, it was hard.

Being good, fighting for what's right, is hard.

Fighting for the greater good felt impossible.

It was terrifying.

Someone would have to be strong and brave to fight for the greater good, which is something everyone can do.

Johnathan stared at the black road before him, his stone eyes dazing with his own realization.

He was too much of a coward to fight for the greater good.

But he was brave enough to fight for his daughter.

And that, is what he chose to do.

                                 ♤