Chapter 16:

*Third POV*

"Alright. Tell him."

Sans and Frisk stood side by side in Asgore's office, both waiting for the other to speak. 

They had woken up early in the morning to speak with him, both anxious to  speak their mind and opinions about being each other's partner. Frisk also wished dearly to get her rule across.

However, at the sight of Asgore in all his glory (although he was only smiling and showed no real threat), Frisk froze.

When Sans had finally spoken up, Frisk seemed to snap from an intimidated daze she had when seeing the head of The Underground.

As she thought about it, she realized she had never been that close before.

Of course, over the years she had gathered information about him.

But meeting him was never an option.

Yet there she was in front of the boss, next to a man she half-hated, with her words all jumbled inside her brain.

It quickly passed, and she blinked a few times to remember where she was before she spoke, giving out her demands.

"Oh, right, of course," She started, nodding to Sans as if giving him a thanks.

He smiled at her appreciation, knowing it probably killed her to give it to him.

"Sir," She continued, looking back at Asgore (who was smiling politely, having no wish to cause trouble), "I was thinking about your offer for joining the team, and I have a few conditions we would need to work out."

Asgore nodded without hesitation, happy to hear she was considering the job.

Frisk cleared her throat, ready to speak. 

Fear tickled her insides for what Asgore could do if he didn't like her suggestions, yet she ignored it as she said, "I would like to roam around on my own, without an escort. If we are a team, it means you should trust that I would not leave-"

"That is acceptable," He said, nodding once in agreement with what she was saying.

Frisk blinked and Sans said (the same time she did), "What?"

You see, Sans was hoping that Frisk's wishes could not be made, so that way she wouldn't be added to the team and he wouldn't have to partner up with her.

His soft heart couldn't take thinking about her with pity, and he knew it was a matter of time before it interfered with his job.

What would happen then?

It was something he couldn't risk.

Except that seemed to mean nothing to Asgore, because he said again in more depth, "I agree to your terms. If we are on a team, you would have no reason to escape. You may explore and leave whenever you'd like. I trust you won't go running off on us, considering the fact you are on our side." 

Asgore smiled at her bewildered expression, and Sans stared at Asgore as if he was making a mistake. 

Yet he held his tongue, remembering Asgore's threat of firing.

After a moment of silence, Frisk blinked once more and breathed out, "Well... I suppose if that's settled... then I suppose I can join your team..."

Her simple agreement didn't only shock Sans, but it shocked herself as well.

Was she really ready to trust these people?

Or was she lying to herself?

Either way, whats said is said, and there was no point in taking it back when Asgore suddenly smiled wide and clasped his large furry hands together with a booming voice.