Chapter 3:

Sans was watching the play, very enticed with the story and the actors on the stage.

It was shocking to him how he had never seen this way of the story before.

Of course, he never read the book, but he knew the story well enough that he thought he wouldn't need to.

Though as he watched it preformed on stage, all his attention was captured, and he could only wish to anticipate what came next.

He wore the same interested expression as Papyrus did, both of them unblinking with the fear of missing one second of the show.

When Gaster noticed Sans's pulled in gaze, he couldn't stop himself from shaking his head and smiling, which Sans didn't notice from taking in the show.

Gaster decided that because his sons were busy watching the program, he would have to be the one watching for suspicious characters.

After the scene was over, and the next one began, Sans thought over what had previously happened.

Although he would never admit it to anyone, Sans's favorite character was the whore Lucy.

Instead of having her be his favorite for her, seductive behavior and her beautiful body, he actually enjoyed her for her intense character struggles.

He felt as if she didn't deserve all the terrible experiences she had been put through, and he was preying on his soul that she would be alright by the end of the play.

(It is too bad honestly that he doesn't know)

Struggle was something he could relate to, and he felt suddenly protective over Lucy.

Yet that was the least of his worries, and as he continued watching, his mind flicked away from Lucy, and to Frisk who was still sitting in the front row.

Beside her was a man with longish brown hair and a face that seemed to be carved from stone, causing Sans to look twice and make sure he was real.

The color of the man's tan skin was real enough, and Sans began to wonder why he looked twice.

It couldn't have been the contour of the man's face, or the stone eyes that stared to the stage with intense focus.

So what had made him check twice?

Frisk had no knowledge of Sans watching her at that moment, and her mind wasn't focused much on the play either.

All her thoughts were racing with what she could possible do at the end of the play.

Then she realized there was nothing he could actually do to her with the crowd of people around them.

Truly all she would need to do is stay with the people, and be sure to never be alone with the man beside her.

'Simple enough,' She thought to herself while sitting a bit more comfortably in the chair, 'I will just leave with the others. He wouldn't be able to do anything to me.'

Except then she had to wonder what she would do once she was at home.

If Capture sent someone after her in the theatre, then he must know where she was.

Could that mean he knew where she lived? Or what she was doing?

Frisk was so caught up on these thoughts that she hardly noticed the lights turn back on and the clapping of the audience.

When she did realize, she was relieved it was only the intermission.

The man beside her turned to face her as others stood from their seats and chatted away.