Chapter 19:

*Third POV*

The Avalon Library was just as Frisk remembered: old and full of books.

As she thought about it, she wasn't gone too long from the library. It had only been a week since she got the book on math, yet it felt like months ago.

Nevertheless a week away from the library was one week too many, and she was glad to be back.

Sans stood beside her as they walked inside, yet she hardly noticed him from the beauty of the library and the smell of books.

At least, until he uttered, "Ugh. Books."

Frisk almost slapped him or gave him a large lecture before a familiar voice interupted.

"Miss Frisk, when I caught your book in the drivethrew turn in box, I was shocked at the abnormady of such a thing."

When Jeeves caught sight of her walking in, he straightened his glasses to make sure it wasn't just a spot stuck on the clear glass. A frown was pressed to his lips when he recognized her, and then he called out.

Hearing the voice made Frisk's heart leapt and she looked to the dark voice, never happier to hear it.

As she rushed over to the counter, tempted to give Jeeves a hug before realizing how ridiculous she was being. She had been gone from the library for three weeks before, and returning had been gone and typical.

Why had being captive made her feel differently with the time?

Frisk held herself back from hugging the old librarian and simply smiled wide before replying "I sent someone else instead. I was a bit busy at the time, and didn't want the book late."

Jeeves frowned at her and huffed, "Hmph. Well, it wasn't late, luckily for you. But I'm surprised you hadn't come in to check out another book."

Frisk winced, feeling almost guilty that she didn't. "As I said before, I was busy."

Jeeves eyed her carefully, as if she was lying to him, before he put his fingers together on his desk and asked, "Are you here to get another book then?"

Frisk was about to answer before Sans shoved beside her and hit his hand on the table, answering for her, "No, we're here to check the library records. Ya have 'em?"

Annoyed at the interruption, Frisk looked to Sans and snarled, "I thought we were playing it cool, remember? Like in that bar?"

Sans winked at her and grinned. "Don't worry doll, I got this."

What bothered Frisk most about the situation was the fact he completely changed his strategy.

First he was trying to slip the information out of them, now he was demanding it? There was no pattern with Sans, and Frisk knew that was why he couldn't pin him.

He was too random.

And that's what was frustrating.

"Library records...?" Jeeves frowns and taps his fingers together as he thinks about it.

However, Frisk had seen him do this before, and she knew he was going to say-

"No," Jeeves kept his frown and his eyes continued to cast dark shadows across Sans and Frisk.

Frisk let out a sigh and shook her head, placing a hand on the table to be sincere. "Please Jeeves, this is very important..."

"Miss Frisk, it is illegal for me to let anyone check the records, even you," he stated, looking to her.