Chapter 9:

*Third POV*

Frisk was pleased to see her room had a better over head light and the temperature was normal in her room.

Toriel stood in the doorway with her hands in her lap and her eyes looking around the room as she said, "Well... I suppose I should be leaving... unless there is anything else you would need?"

Frisk hesitated, not wanted to be greedy or a burden after Toriel had done so much for her already.

After making up her mind to speak, she requested, "There are... a few things... if you wouldn't mind."

To Frisk's relief Toriel seemed to perk up and get excited at the chance to help.

"Could I get a clock in here? And... maybe a mattress?"

Toriel smiled and nodded, "Yes of course! Anything else?"

Frisk's mind once again went to Jeeves, and she gulped realizing she had not turned in the library book.

She couldn't be sure if Sans did either.

"My library book," she said, "Sans has it. I need it to be returned, and it would be helpful if you could get that done."

Toriel nodded and smiled looking at the dresser before suggesting, "Any more clothes? I'm sorry we only provided you with one pair, we couldn't bring the clothes from your house yet."

Frisk paused, and stared in confused shock at the goat woman who was smiling casually.

"My... my house?" She asked bewildered, almost disgusted.

The soft fur on Toriel's face tinted a slight pink and she turned to Frisk as if startled before quickly explaining, "Oh you need not worry! We only know because... well we wanted to protect you after Sans said you hadn't worked for Cortex anymore... so... he followed you home and-"

"He what?!" Frisk exclaimed, staring with wide eyes at Toriel.

"It was not so bad, my child, he only needed the location of your where abouts... we wanted to make sure you were safe when we thought you didn't work for Cortex... but when we found out you still did we-"

"Woah woah woah," Frisk interrupted, anger beginning to sting her stomach, "I do not work for Cortex anymore. I told that to Sans at the library!"

Toriel jumped slightly with shock at Frisk's sharp voice, and she tried to explain, "I'm sorry my child, but Gaster, Sans, and Papyrus all said you were conspiring with one of the Cortex members... Johnathan? Was it?"

"He was trying to kidnap me to!" Frisk yelled, furious with the situation and lies, "This is why you kidnapped me?! Because you thought I worked for Cortex?!"

Toriel could see how angry she was, and took a step back with her hand on the door handle, ready to shut it.

"My child... I'm sorry but we didn't know, and we couldn't take the risk. And even if you don't work for Cortex, you still worked there for five years... We need your information."

"Yeah, I know you do," Frisk said, gritting her teeth and clenching her fists, "That's the only reason you're being kind, isn't it."

Toriel's eyes widened with realization of what she had said, and she shook her head quickly.

"No, no! I promise it isn't like that-"

She tried to finish but Frisk cut her off, too frustrated with the conversation to continue.

"Just go! Thank you for the hospitality, but no thank you."

Toriel blinked a few times as if the sight wasn't real, then she pulled the door slowly, and stepped out with a sad glance.