Chapter 25

*Third POV*

After the arrest of Johnathan, Frisk was too shaken to think straight. How could she not have known? What did she miss? 

The last thing she remembered was walking into her room, and blacking out. Awaking to the sight of guns pointed at her and the feeling of strong arms wrapped around her in panic, caused her to lose her train of thought, and she grew slightly agitated.

She hated not knowing things. 

Toriel had taken her back to her room, and when Frisk asked what had happened, she was disappointed to hear that Toriel's story did not hold the answer she was looking for.

Though she did find out that Sans had called for everyone, meaning he was going into her room, and must've found her unconscious body, and Johnathan. 

Had he been checking on her? And what for?

The questions swarmed Frisk's head like flies, and she tried to wave them away as she stared at the ceiling, Gaster in the corner of the room fixing the open vent so that it was shut again.

Frisk watched him curiously, her eyes examining every move he made. She noticed that he was far more predictable than Sans, and she tried to plan out every movement he would make before he did it.

A game of sorts.

When Gaster noticed Frisk staring at him, he glanced behind and said kindly, "I hope I am not a bother, this will be done in a moment."

"No, you aren't a bother," Frisk clarified, holding her knees to her chest as she struggled to remember what had happened, "But I am curious, why are you letting me watch you? Wouldn't you want to keep the bolting secret? So that I don't escape?"

"Keep it a secret? What could you possibly do from watching me bolt the vents?" Gaster asked, standing up and moving the dresser so he could bold that down as well.

Frisk continued watching him, noticing that she felt quite comfortable with him around, as if he was the dad she had always wanted. A dad that was the opposite of her own. 

"I could reverse the process," she replied.

Gaster gave a small smile and chuckled, shaking his head, "Frisk, this isn't to keep you out, it's to keep further intruders from getting in."

Raising an eyebrow, Frisk stated, "But Johnathan got in just fine."

"Yes..." Gaster suddenly frowned, and looked to the bolted dresser, "Apparently, someone gave him the exact information on how to unbolt these screws. The spy, no doubt."

Frisk shuttered, wondering who could possibly be going through her room to find out the exact bolts that were being used, and she wondered how many people she had crossed that could be the potential Cortex spy.

Perhaps it was someone that made the room?

Frisk struggled to remember what Toriel had told her about her room, and she frowned realizing her memory wasn't getting any better.

"But no need to worry," Gaster said, interrupting her thoughts with a lighter mood, "I changed the bolts, that way, no one will be able to get inside unless I tell them."

"And I can trust you?" Frisk challenged, watching him stand up to leave.

Gaster looked at her and nodded, giving her a warm smile as he replied, "Of course Frisk, you can't trust a lot of people, but I promise you can trust me."

Frisk narrowed her eyes and tried to keep her lips from twitching in a smile as she argued, "Only someone I couldn't trust would say that..."

He laughed, which caught Frisk slightly off guard, but she smiled and let his voice sink in as he said, "That's clever. But it's your choice to trust me. I just recommend it. Now... I need to talk to Alphys..."