Chapter 1:

*Frisk's POV*

Hugged between my arms and chest were large books and files I needed to return, and already I was a day late. 

The books were long, and I had exactly three of them. Each of them were about psychology and the process of the mind, the way it could be helped, or controlled. 

Each of them were overdue at the library, and I knew that the librarian would ban me the next time I showed up late with his books.

It was the next time I showed up late.

I felt my stomach sink with the worry of what he could say.

Except when I entered the large library of the city I softened to the empty silence and checked myself from inhaling the musty smell before walking to the librarian's desk.

"All three," I declared as I slammed them down on his desk, my hand on the top one to keep the balance steady.

The old librarian looked up at me with wise eyes, his face a cold scowl and his glasses hanging off the end of his nose with the suspense they might fall off. His wrinkled face wasn't something pleasant to look at, and the sagging skin made me gulp down my disgust.

Jeeves was a good librarian, though he wasn't a kind man.

Instead of letting people off the hook for one day of missing books, he would fine them a lot of money and make sure they pay it the day after, or he sent the cops looking for them. He liked to scowl, and it was his resting face when he worked on his computer or helped check out books. 

It was his face then when he was looking up from his work and at the large books I had slammed onto his desk.

I tried to think of something to say, but instead I let the silence build, and the wait push him into speaking.

"Miss... Frisk..." Jeeves creaked in his old tired voice, pushing his glasses back a bit to have them a little more balanced, "This is the last time I warned you to turn your books in on time."

"I understand sir," I said, knowing he enjoyed that title, "But I had only finished my notes when I realized the date and I-"

He stood up and took the books slowly, placing them on a cart next to his desk and grabbing out a slip of paper to write down my fine.

Quickly, I continued, "And I rushed here as soon as possible!"

Jeeves seemed to be ignoring me after he had given me the fines. He took the cart and began walking through the musty library, putting back overdue and on time books.

"Besides," I continued, following him with desperate movements in my arms, "They are large books and psychology is difficult to understand. You couldn't expect me to read these three books and take notes in two weeks!"

"Miss Frisk I did not tell you to take notes or check out three books on psychology. That was your own decision. It was your own fault for turning in those books late," Jeeves pointed out in a grumble as he placed a book on a shelf, still walking and facing away from me.

With my shoulders sinking, I continued to follow him and prayed I could some how convince him to let me keep my library card.

"Yes, I suppose that is true. But sir, I only turned them in one day late and I am sure no one else is waiting to read, 'The Psychology Of Persuasion', so it wouldn't even matter if I-"

"Miss Frisk! I have had enough of your late fees and your babbling mouth! Now I suggest you leave before I call the police," Jeeves shouted as he turned to me, anger crinkling his eyes more then usual.