Chapter 21:

*Third POV*

A day had passed since Asgore had sent Frisk and Sans on their way.

Talia, of course, delivered the files to Frisk so that she may work on them right away, and she did with much speed.

As she worked, she began to wonder if Sans was going to continue his "strategy" with her. She glanced at the black notebook inside her drawer, and she stared at it for a long while, already finished with writing more notes on him.

Now that she was a part of the team, she was going to have to give information willingly, (not that she minded that as much anymore, except giving it to Sans still felt bothersome). However, the last time Sans had tried to get information from her, both were disappointed in what the other gave as an answer.

The only information he was after was whether or not Frisk knew Capture and the Traitor?

Frisk could see how that was disappointing, and she felt a great peace with being a part of the team, (even though she knew everyone on the team didn't trust her in a way).

Then again, she didn't trust them either.

But setting everything aside, the main reason she wanted to continue 'Eye for an Eye' was because she wanted dearly to get information from Sans. 

Her life work revolved around him; whether or not she worked for Cortex. For years she had tried to get his information, and for years she had failed. It suddenly felt so easy now, and she started to pin more facts on him than ever before.

Asking him more questions would be the only way to continue this.

Of course, this meant he would have to ask her questions too.

But what did she have to hide from him?

Even if they weren't particularly fond of each other, she noticed they were beginning to share a friendly interest towards each other.

At least Frisk was.

Frisk swallowed down these thoughts and wondered why she would even try to escape. She had everything she needed in the mansion; food, comfort, a caring goat mom that would help her in anyway, a strong leader that is willing to stand up for her - and most importantly - protection from Cortex.

What was making her feel so uneasy?

Her question was answered when she heard the sudden click and swish of her door opening. 

A small sliver of her heart hoped it was Sans, (for... some reason) but she was disappointed and a bit alarmed to find Chara folding her arms and leaning against the door frame with a frown.

Frisk stood up and turned to face her, unsure of what Chara needed, but before she could get one word out, Chara snapped, "I know what you're up to."

There was a tense silence, and Frisk shut her open mouth, staring at Chara with an expression she hoped the demon couldn't read.

When Frisk didn't answer, Chara continued, "I know that you're just getting us to trust you, before you escape for good. Even if I don't agree with adding you to the team, you would be valuable to the rest of The Underground. And to Cortex."

The girl narrowed her eyes as Frisk gulped down her questions, then Chara snarled, "I honestly think you're a spy. Don't try to disagree with me, I know something is wrong with you. And let me tell you-"

Chara took a pause so that she could walk up to Frisk, causing the information expert to step back until her butt hit the desk, and Chara was only inches away from her, red eyes flaming.