Chapter 11:

*Third POV*

After Johnathan had told Capture of his end of the week plan, he was relieved to find that Capture wasn't all that angry.

I'm fact, Capture was quite supportive of the idea.

For the rest of his mornings at the Cortex mansion, Johnathan studied up on The Underground's estate, trying to memorize the five floors and the legion of rooms.

He knew why Capture couldn't do it, and he had gathered all the facts on it.

He was also sworn to never tell a soul on Capture's personal information.

But it made sense to him, and he knew that if he was in the situation Capture was in, he wouldn't have much of a choice.

'Of course he has a choice,' Johnathan thought to himself as he sat in the dark library of Cortex, 'He just chose the wrong one.'

There was nothing Johnathan could do about that, and the more he thought of Capture, the angrier he got.

So he decided to drowned himself in the blue prints around him, all for the plan he was perfecting for the end of the week.

Wednesday morning.

That gave him three more days until Saturday.

He would have Frisk soon, and he was already positive his plan would work.

Any chance of a risk would have to be fixed, and Johnathan stressed over the thought of Arianna.

She knew nothing about his job, and it pained him to wake her in the morning, to see her glorious smile, and to hear her sweet words greet him, "Morning papa! Off to work?"

Since Johnathan went back to Cortex, he had to quit his old job at the library.

It wasn't as good of a pay as Cortex (mainly because Cortex does run secret businesses and money gainers, much like The Underground) but Arianna loved the library (particularly picture books), and she would have been heartbroken to know he left.

The more he thought of her, the more his chest ached; and he leaned over the blue prints, clutching the part of his grey shirt where his heart was, letting a smile tug at his lips as he thought of her.

No, thinking of her was too painful.

Thinking of the information expert only made him feel guilty.

He couldn't think of anyone while he worked.

He couldn't think of anyone while he lived.

There was too much emotion involved.

If he was to get this job done, he would need to be devoid of all emotion.

It had become a habit, for his stone eyes to be empty of feeling, to have his mind set on logic instead of emotion.

Pain would cease, and his mind would be clear, focused on one thought at a time.

Nothing could get in his way if he wanted this plan to work.

And if death was involved, he couldn't let himself pull to emotion.

Johnathan knew how these type of missions went.

And he knew death would be involved.

He remembered meeting his wife on one, both being assigned to the same mission, both fighting over who would get to sneak inside, who would get to be the distraction; both arguing over who was better at fighting and who was better at winning.