Chapter 23:

*Third POV*

Sans was still chuckling about the text Frisk had sent him as he made his way to the elevator. He found himself re-reading the messages over and over, a laugh in his throat.

Though, no matter how funny the exchange was, he felt guilty for laughing at Frisk so blatantly in the commons, knowing that she must be terribly embarrassed.

He thought she was brave coming out of her room on her own, and wondered if she was nervous.

This is why he felt the need to visit her in her room, and apologize.

Not to mention the fact he wanted to speak about "Eye for an Eye".

It was one of the first plans he came up with that didn't fail. Of course, he didn't succeed either, but he thought it would be interesting to continue. Perhaps he could find some more information on Cortex that he didn't know about.

Or more information on Frisk.

The last thought he shoved aside, and he read the text conversation one more time before opening Frisk's door with his key card, listening to it swing open.

"Heya Frisk-" Sans started, shutting off his phone to look up at her. However, he was interrupted.

At first, he had expected her to be sitting at her desk, probably finishing some files or reading that snail book again, but instead he found something much more horrific.

He found her chair tipped over on the ground, and Frisk no where to be seen. As he looked to the side of the room, (where her dresser would usually be), he caught a bewildered looking man staring at him with Frisk in his arms - half of her stuffed into the vent under him.

Sans recognized the man immediately.

Johnathan.

Unsure of what to do, the two stared at each other, both in clear shock that the other was even in the room.

Sans, whom's brain was clearly quite slow, hardly processed the urgency of the situation before Johnathan set back to work again, dropping Frisk and jumping out of the vent, grabbing a gun from the back of his belt and pointing it at the frightened skeleton before him.

Finally Sans reacted, and he reached in his back pocket to grab a gun - surprised to find his missing.

'Damn,' Was all Sans could think before rushing at Johnathan and slamming the man's arm against the wall the exact moment Johnathan shot, the bullet nearly missing Sans' head.

Without reaction or hesitation Johnathan swung around so that Sans was pinned to the wall, the gun pointing at the skull.

He pulled the trigger again, but Sans thrusted Johnathan's arm to point at the sky, his heart jumping at the near miss of the shot.

Finding his strength to scream, Sans shouted at the top of his lungs, "BREACH!"

Immediately, Johnathan tried again, yanking his arm out of Sans grip and pointing at his forehead, shooting the second Sans ducked. Just in time it seemed, because Johnathan missed again, his lips twitching only slightly in irritation as he kept his stone cold expression, watching Sans.

Sans rolled out of the way and to the vents, yanking Frisk out of the hole and flipping her over his shoulder as his eyes watched Johnathan, cautious and unprepared.

The man tried shooting Sans again, but Sans launched himself forward, feeling the bullet take a piece of cloth from his pants as it slid past him.

Johnathan growled and Sans jumped to his feet, holding Frisk in front of him like a shield as Johnathan pointed the gun again, ready to shoot with determination and patience in his eyes.