Chapter 13:

*Third POV*

Sans was bewildered and shocked with her question, Frisk catching onto the fact he was most startled on how she managed to figure it out.

She blinked innocently, as if this was something everyone did.

Except Frisk knew Sans had never met anyone who could have done that before.

If people actually tried, they possibly could do what she did.

At the time, that wasn't important, and she focused on Sans's reaction, taking satisfaction from his wide eyes and open mouth.

Even though she trusted him more than earlier that morning, she still felt as if she was against him. Mostly because he acted as if he didn't even need to hide his information, and was just giving it away willingly.

Why did he hide it from her for so long, if he was just going to give it up anyway?

She was sure to keep that question in her head for when it was her turn to ask again, but for now, she was waiting for his answer.

To her surprise, Sans shrugged, and smiled at her before answering, "Isn't much of a tragedy, doll."

Frisk shook her head and demanded, "Then say it anyway. If it's not that big of a deal, then you don't need to hide it."

"I wasn't hiding it."

"Then why are you stalling and avoiding the question?"

Sans let out a long sigh and let his head drop back in annoyance.

Frisk knew she was being pushy, but she was desperate to know at least some important information on him.

All information was important to her, and she knew that his backstory could hold some incredible importance in the future.

It meant she knew more on him, and how he was.

This could be used to her advantage later on.

Being more logical than emotional, (she likes to think) Frisk would force herself to have no feeling for what his tragedy might be.

Though she knew it had to be bad, or he wouldn't be so nervous about telling her.

Perhaps it was important.

The reason she was so confused on him asking for her tragedy, is because she honestly couldn't think of any important knowledge coming from it.

Wasn't she there to give them information about Cortex? About Capture?

Why had they asked a question about her?

Then she began to wonder if Sans was making this up as he went along.

She noted that in her head, and was sure to write it down later on.

"My tragedy is simple. Nothing much to it."

"Then go ahead and tell me," Frisk urged, waving her hand in front of her as if she was welcoming his words.

Sans took a deep breath, and hesitated slightly before smiling and looking Frisk in the eyes as he stated plainly, "I never had a mother."

Frisk stared at him for a long time, trying to understand the words he had spoken.

Did he mean he never had a mother as in.... she died?

Or did he mean he honestly didn't have a mother, and his father never-

"What is that supposed to mean?" Frisk asked quickly, brushing away her thoughts as her face began heating up from embarrassment.

Sans didn't seem to notice, and he explained, "I mean my father never married, and he never... got with a lady to have me."