Chapter 20: Surrender your Heart.

--Time Skip in the Morning 10:00 AM of September 3--

*phone ringing*

Nanaba picked up the phone and answered it..

"Hello, this is Nanaba speaking."

"Uhm. H-hello Nanaba, this is Levi." said the short guy who is currently scribbling notes into his office.

"Oh hi Levi, what can I do for you?"

"Uhm, well. as you can see, its nearly Hanji's birthday.. well. i would like to ask for a favor and.. you know.."

Nanaba smiled and answered "Yeah sure Levi, you want to throw a birthday party for Hanji and you want it to be the most special she ever had right?"

"U-uh,, yeah sort of.. but theres one more thing I want to do.."

"Well.. what is it then?"

"Uhm, I cant tell you.. I guess we have to meet, ill tell you personally." Levi answered as he wipe the sweat in his forehead.

"Oh.. okay,well, see you later Levi"

"Yeah, thanks. bye!"

Levi turned the phone off and went back into writing something on his blank page notebook.

--Time Skip on afternoon 4:00 PM--

Levi waited for Nanaba outside the law firm, actually, he was supposed to pick Hanji up but he made an alibi that he will take overtime into his work, an alibi where he could make the plan without Hanji knowing, Hanji agreed and just took a cab at Levi's home. He was sitting on a coffee shop in front of the law firm when Nanaba arrived.

"Hey Levi!" Nanaba approached him as she walked towards Levi.

"Oh, hi.. please take a seat, what do you want? coffee or tea? Ill get you one."

"Ill take a cappuccino frappe please"

Levi then approached the waiter and gave Nanaba's order.After a few minutes, the cappuccino was placed on the mini table where the two sat down.

"So, what do you wanna tell me?" Nanaba said as she sipps the drink.

Levi cleared his throat to make sure he will not stutter or something.. "Nanaba, I want to propose to Hanji." He looked at the blonde woman with seriousness. 

Nanaba stared in shock as she stopped sipping the iced coffee. "Really???? Levi.."

"Yes, and I want you to help me..."

"Help you with what?" Nanaba added.

"To find a perfect ring for her..." Levi replied as he took one sip of his tea.

The blonde woman giggled and said "Haha, Levi, why would you want me to help you with that?"

"Because... well, you are a girl.. and you know Hanji better than me... yet.."

"Wel.. okay.. so where'd you want to buy that pretty engagement ring?"

Levi thought of something and said "Well, first, you help me withdraw some cash.. and then I know a good jewelry gift store and sells good rings."

"okay, then lets go! Mike is probably waiting for me in our apartment" Nanaba stood up and took her cup of cappuccino on the go. Levi also stood up and put his coat on.

As soon as they arrived on the bank, Levi took a slip and wrote the amount he wants to withdraw and Nanaba waited him on the side couch. after then they went into the jewelry store.

"Oh, were here.." Levi said as he got out of the car, followed by Nanaba, as soon as she saw the store she was shocked and stopped on her tracks, Levi noticed her and said: