Chapter 23: Vogel im Kafig

"Levi.. thats enough, we've looked everywhere. maybe she is back at your house now" Gunther commented as Levi drives searching for Hanji.

After the incident at the shop, Levi never saw Hanji up to now that is nearly evening of 6:00, they already went to Levi's house but Hanji isnt there, so they kept on searching on the road and every hotel that HAnji might slept in with.

"No.. Hanji is everywhere, we can find her right? please tell me we can find her" Levi replied as he drove fast and his eyes stained with tears.

"Of course Levi." Petra said and continued "MAybe we should go back to your house, Maybe she's there now" 

"Yeah Levi, if shes not in your house yet then we'll search for her again" Oluo added.

Levi sighed and just followed what his friends said. They went back into Levi's house. As soon as they Levi entered the house, he started yelling hanji's name.

" Hanji! Hanji!" Levi went on searching for Hanji in every corner of his house. his friends did the same too. 

"Hanji is not here, we must get going, lets go!" Levi panickly said as his friends just stood there in front of him, pity in their eyes as they looked at levi.

"Levi, you must take a rest. You look awful." Eld said while he patted Levi's shoulders 

"No. No way, I need to see Hanji please." Levi replies as he started to let out bits of tears. His eyes were already swollen from crying.

Petra added as she walked towards Levi "Levi.. just give her some space. she'll be back any time , or maybe any day from now"

"Levi sighed as he fell on his couch. weeping "This is all my fault!""I should've nev--"

Levi stopped as his phone rang, he lit up as he saw Hanji's contact calling him.

"Guys, Hanji is calling! Thank God!" Levi smiled and wiped his tears

"Answer it! ask her where is she!" Oluo interrupted.

Then Levi quickly answered Hanji's call

"Hello! Hanji! Where are you! Im worried sick!"

----

Hanji woke up in a dark and dirty place where it resembles as a dungeon, She tried to move but she realized that her hands and feet were tied up in chains. She looked at the place and scanned if there was anybody who can help her. There she saw Marie sitting on the side wall where she was being pinned at.

"You're awake" Marie said as she glares at Hanji.

"Where am I? Please let me go" Hanji pleaded.

"The only way were letting you go is getting rid of you."

"You can't kill me, Levi would come and---"

As soon as Hanji realized it, Levi is right. He is just protecting her. now that she knew it, she was never been terrified in her whole life. She tried to unloosen the chains but the more she forces her hands and feet to be removed, the more the chains get tighter and hurt her wrists and ankles. She shouted for help. but it is not the help that came, It was Erwin. Her vision were blurry as she realized that her glasses were gone. She took a look at the man and knew it was Erwin.

"Oh. Hello there, I see. Youre awake now" Erwin looked at HAnji who is on her knees as her hands are pinned above the chains.

"Let me go!" Hanji shouted as Erwin told Marie to go out for a while as he continued to walk near Hanji.

"I missed you Hanji, you would never be in this place if you chose to love me instead of that midget" Erwin bent down on Hanji and now is closely facing her.