Chapter 24: Victims of Love

Levi drove for a minimum of 30 minutes and arrived at an old abandoned work site. Before he could get out of his car, Levi made sure that his gun was loaded and put it back into the coat pockets, He then get out of the car and observed the exterior of the abandoned work site, It was dirty, the external paint of the house was cracking and dusts spread throughout the place. He clicked his tongue in annoyance and as he walked through, he saw an open door.

"This might be the entrance to hell" Levi thought to himself as he started walking through the door, as soon as he entered the site, all he could see is dark shadowed things, the only light that comes inside the site is by the glass windows, he sensed that there is someone following him and before he could make his move, a sound of a loaded gun was pointed into his head. He kept his calm and raised his hands, he knew Erwin would be prepared for his presence, he turn around to see if it was Erwin who pointed the gun at him, but no, what he saw was a freckled curly woman with a gap on her teeth, Levi thought maybe this was the Marie that Erwin talks about last time. Levi let out a insulting smirk at the woman and said

"You must be Marie, right?"

"How'd you know my name?" Marie still points out the gun at Levi.

"Its because Im a genius"

"Shut up. Now, walk.."

Levi and Marie walked throughout the straight hall silently but Levi broke it out.

"So what is the deal of Erwin here? Is he that insane to take her best friend and make it a hostage just so he—"

"Look, all he has to do is to get rid of Hanji because she is obsessed at Erwin, I'm helping him get rid of you too so that he could live his peaceful life with me and promised that we two will be married as soon as you two are gone" Marie said monotonously.

Levi's eyes went wide from shock as he stopped on his tracks. Erwin made Hanji the bad guy here so that he will get support from his friends and probably to Marie so she would help him?! Marie doesn't really know the real thing that is going on.

"Idiot" Levi whispered, but enough for Marie to hear it.

"What did you just say?!"

"I said you're an idiot. You really believe his lies don't you?"

"What do you mean?"

"Erwin is the bad guy here, he tried to stole Hanji from me because he is the one who is obsessed with her. Now he still cannot accept that Hanji chose me that is why he is doing this shit and you are a total idiot for helping him and believing in him just because you're too in love with Erwin"

"Shut up, you're the one whose lying!"

"Well I wish I was, but Erwin is just using you Marie."

"No! Erwin wont do that!" Marie now shouts as she tries to put the gun near Levi's head.

"Then how come I know your name?" Levi facing Marie this time and continued

"Its because Erwin have told you already to us, He even said that you're the one who forces him to love you. That is why he stayed with Hanji just about 4 months ago. Its because he told us that he doesn't want to see you and your stupid craziness towards him. You remember that?"

Just for a moment, Marie fell silent, she thought of the time that Erwin wont come back from her and Nile and just visit them for some time. It was nearly 4 months ago now that she remembered. But Erwin then told her that time that she was working on a job to save up for their future. And Marie believed it.

"N-no.. Erwin wont do that to me! He loves me!!" Marie replies with full of pain in her eyes.

"Yeah, I wish he really loved you too. So that he wont bug me and Hanji anymore, but here you are, still believeing his lies."