37. Vampire! Levi Ackerman x Reader | A Memoir Of Our Lovely Days In the Sun

》character: Levi Ackerman | Attack on Titan

》this isn't really a request, per se, but more like- inspired by a text by theriseofdragons.

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

》06022017

》AU where Levi doesn't join the Survey Corps; People often forget. Forget important things like dates of the year with personal significance, forget little things like a scrape at the back of an elbow. The degree of inhumanity matters only to the sentiment of the judge and the guilt discernible on the judged.

People often forget vampires are more than creatures with human physiognomies and unfeeling hearts. People often forget that in the eyes of a vampire, immortality appears like a vicious, cruel foe more often than it appears a sugared ally; in the eyes of a vampire an eternity spent in solitude is a daily trial of gruel and bore that ends only when their hearts are pierced through (There are tales of vampires that pretend to be sluggish imps, copying intoxicated human beings, just so they're freed of their perpetual imprisonment. To the human, it's a victorious triumph; to the vampire, it's blissful relief.)

To some vampires, the more intelligent ones that aren't just primal nature and incoherent, gruff growls, they choose to wander in search of somebody to make their days less lonely. A human's lifetime of laughter is only a blink in the immortal eyes of a vampire, and there are an odd few that treasure it more than anything in the world.

❝loneliness and the feeling of being unwanted is the most terrible poverty.❞ - mother teresa

❝but who prays for satan? who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner who needed it the most?❞ - mark twain 

[a/n]: that was the longest summary-thing i've ever had to make (obvious drop in articulateness is obvious) and i would just like to point out that the reader is in fact a human in this fic. anyway, read on!! 

(the quotes above are things i've come across before and i thought it'd be nice to just throw them in here :P)

//edit (06032017): publishing this again because i thought there was something wrong with the fic :T

xx

"What's your name?"

"Levi. Levi Ackerman."

The rain pours all around you, and the tear on Levi's shoulder bleeds through the gray cloth, joining the rainwater as they carve small paths to the gutters, disappearing into the odorous darkness.

xx

"Distance yourself from me- I'd do that if I were you, (F/N)."

"What- Levi, why?"

"I'm not human."

"Levi, I know you've committed crimes before but-"

In the moon-cast shadows, seated on old furniture, the remains of dinner tossed outside for the outcasts to discover and devour, you learn that Levi truly, truly isn't human. It's embedded deeply into the endings of your body with a fine thread of surprise, and it's difficult to breathe for long seconds.