55. Rogue Cheney x Maria Violetta (OC) | A Rose For You

》 characters: Rogue Cheney | Fairy Tail, Maria Violetta | OC by Maria_Violetta_

》 requested by: Maria_Violetta_

》 05012018

Everybody breathes the same air in a small world such as ours. The secret to finding love is to find the beautiful soul that takes your breath away.

[a/n]: a really long fic ahead!! anyway, thank you so much to the person who requested this (and is probably fed up with waiting 294230 million years for my bullshit- oops) i hope you enjoy the chapter! ^^

xx

here are some of my favorite lines of this fic as sort of like a preview so you, dear reader, know just what you're getting into:

"How nice of you," Rogue says, half as mocking, "maybe I won't poison your next meal after all."

"Say," Rogue begins slowly, catching Minerva's attention, "has it ever occurred to you that Sting was like a saltwater crocodile?"

"Be careful," the woman says to him, almost ominously, "she is dangerous."

He feels her lingering kiss on her cheek, and her foxlike grin when she tells him she won't ever be defeated again.

xx

The day begins. It begins when Rogue Cheney wakes up to a dream he tries hard to remember, and the songs of creatures that are eager little things in the morning (oh, how Rogue envies them.) He wakes up to an empty stomach, growling and growling until he feeds it a sandwich and the fruit juice he finished in three days. He thinks about how wet his eyes are from yawning.

Rogue tells himself he's going to feel better after taking a shower.

Two hours before noon, Rogue Cheney takes a shower and lies in his bed with his eyes closed, pretended he wasn't obliged to do anything else the rest of this day. Then, he peeps outside of his window until he finally regains the sense to be productive. Eventually, he finds the road that leads to Sabertooth, the one he takes every day, and thinks of ordering another glass of juice. He feels like he'll need it.

xx

"The last time I saw you with that much paper in your hands was when Master Jiemma," Rogue spits mockingly, "used to order you around and let you carry all his shit to and fro."

"Fro?" Frosch tiptoes around the corner of the door and blinks his innocent, wide eyes at Rogue. Rogue smiles unabashedly; somewhere behind Sting's gloves hides an amused smile as well.

"No, no, I wasn't calling you," Rogue apologizes, "I'm sorry for disturbing."

"It's okay!" Frosch says, with the brightness of a new star. He pats Rogue's leg and bounces away, looking very content as he hums all the way back to his tall glass of juice.

Rogue looks back to Sting, who's laughing to himself and looking at the same paper from minutes ago. Rogue asks Sting what he's laughing at, and the young guild master enlightens him about the irony that someone as bubbly and enthusiastic as Frosch lives in the same house with someone who's permanent expression is a bitter scowl that could make flowers wither.

"I'm going to poison the next thing you'll eat," Rogue mutters, loud enough that Sting can pretend to feel threatened by it. Sting spins a pen in his hand, grinning playfully.

"And where would you find such a poison?"

Rogue curses, and has no answer to that. He slumps, sighs, and kicks the carpet in defeat. Sting pretends not to notice, and finally tells him about unchanged paper he's probably never read a word of. Thirty minutes before noon, Rogue surprises himself when he learns about Sting's duties as the new guild master.