0.3

Bella's pov

I'm going to a party today. I don't know why. I'm just an intern and I have nothing to with this celebration. Maria claims I can meet my coworkers but why can't I just wait till Monday. I don't want to spend my Saturday night with old grumpy rich guys. I haven't even met my boss yet. I'm sure he's disgusting. Probably some greasy slime ball that has a couple thousand to his name and thinks he's hot crap.

What am I even supposed to wear to this event? Maria says it's black tie but how can it be that serious? Whatever. I'm going shopping.

I head down stairs wearing a pair of high waisted jeans paired with an off the shoulder top and sandals. My makeup and hair is already done and I'm ready to go. I grab the keys to my audi off the kitchen counter top that my dad is leaning against.

"I'm going to the mall. I need to go buy a new dress. I'll be home before dinner. Bye, daddy," I say as I stand on my tippy toes and press a kiss on his cheek.

He groans.
"Bells, you just bought a new dress? Whats wrong with that one?," he asks.

"I've already worn it to the party for moms new book release. I can't wear it again. Plus it's too formal for the party I'm going to tonight," I explain.

"Whatever," he sighs and tosses his credit card at me.
"Don't charge too much," he added.

"I won't," I grin as I open the door to head out.

I pull out of the long drive way with music blaring. I head to the mall when I get a call from my best friend. I get calls through my car so all I had to do was press on the screen to answer it.

"Hey Bella, what are you doing?" my friend, Penelope asked.

"On my way to the mall, I have to buy a dress. Wanna meet up? ," I ask.

"Omg yes! I'll leave right now. See you then! ," she replies.

"Bye sugar! ," I say and end the call.

It was long until I had arrived at the mall. I grabbed some starbucks before I started shopping. A cute brown haired boy named, Louis, waited on me. He was very sweet. After I got my drink I headed to Nordstrom. They have really nice clothes and it's one of my favorite stores. As I'm walking into the store, I get a text from Penelope.

P: hey i'm here, where are you?

me: i'm in nordstrom. meet me on the second level.

I head up to the second story of Nordstrom where a lot of dresses are. I begin digging through the racks. I hear a familiar click of high hells sneak up behind me. I grin and turn around. Penelope.

"Ahh hey babe. So what are we shopping for?" she greets.

"Well I'm going to a party tonight and I need a dress to wear?" I explain.

"Oooh can I come? ," she asks and bats her eyelashes.
"I'm assuming it's a frat party. Right? Are the boys cute? Do I know anyone who will be there?" she asks excitedly.

"No P. It's not a frat party. It's a business party...I guess. I'm the new intern at Styles & Co and I guess the owner or whatever is throwing a party," I sigh, not really wanting to go.

I turn away from her and start looking  at the dresses again. I find one I love. A few actually.
Two are baby pink and one is black.
They would be perfect.
I grab the dresses in my size and turn back to Penelope.

"That's amazing. Bells! Why aren't you excited? ," she asks.

"I don't know I just feel like it will be awkward." I shrug and head to the dressing room.  Penelope follows.

"Promise to come out and show me all the dresses," she says.

"I promise," I laugh and lock my self in one of the rooms.

I try on one of the pink ones first. It's long and comes completely off the shoulder and it very tight. I honestly love it.

"What do you think? ," I unlock the door and show P.

"Ehh it's cute but you kinda look like you're going tot he Oscars," she admits in a quite voice.

I laugh at her comment and agree. I try on the next pink one. This one is long and flowy but simple and strapless.

"How about this one?" I ask again.

"That's honestly beautiful . You look like a fairy," we both laugh.

Finally I try on the black one. It's simple and sleek but it has a high slit up the leg and plunging neck line. Kinda risky but I like it.

I step out, unsure of Penelope's reaction. Her jaw drops.

"That's the one."

💋

A/N: hey dolls! new chapter. hope you like it. i put bella's dress in the collage. it's on the top left. i think it's perfect. i actually got off the nordstrom website so it's legit haha. i decided to throw louis in the chapter for the heck of it haha. wouldn't he be adorable in a starbucks uniform? anyway, please vote and comment if you liked it! i'll update soon. xoxo

-alexa🥀