1.0

Bella's pov

The ride in Harry's car was awkward. I could feel his eyes occasionally fall on me and look at me instead of the road. I either looked out the window or down at my legs. Cold air blew through the vents, making me shiver. Harry noticed.

"'M sorry," he murmured and shut it off.

"Thanks," I smiled to myself.

We are sitting at stop light. Music playing softly through the car. Harry's warm hand lands on my thigh.

"Look at me, Bella," he says lowly.

Our eyes meet and my face gets hot.

"Yes?" I ask, waiting for him to say something.

"You're so beautiful, Bella. I hope you realize that. I'm just glad you agreed to come with me. I know things haven't been great between us but I'm making it my job to change that," he smiled.

That's sweet I suppose.

"Thank you, Mr.Styles," I blush.

"Oh please call me, Harry, at least for right now," he says.

I just nod. Back to silence.

His hand tightens on thigh, getting a better grip on it.

"Where are you taking me?" I decide to ask.

"One of my favorite places. It's nice. I think you'll like it," he responds and smiles at me.

I nod. We arrive at the restaurant. You can tell by the outside that it's nicer than most restaurants in the city. Only Harry would go to a place like this for his lunch break. I smile to myself and roll my eyes. Harry opens the car door for me and lets me out. We head into the building.

I'm used to going to places like this, it's nothing new to me. I believe I've actually been to this place a few times. My family has money but we are a normal family. My parents worked for everything we have so I don't see anything wrong with going to nice places and splurging on luxury things.

We are seated at a table in the back of the restaurant. The lights are dimmed and piano music is played lowly through the building.

Harry's eyes stay on mine. They are bright and brilliant in this lighting. I can see the specks of brown on the inviting green of his iris. I can see the slight facial hair that is growing above his upper lip. I can see the individual hairs that make up his eyebrows. I notice the freckles and beauty marks around his face. I notice the cracks in his perfectly shaped lips that are chapped from the cool New York air. They feel like a dream when they are pressed against mine.

"What's going through your mind, love?"

you.

"Oh umm nothing," I blush.

He chuckles to himself and grins at me. I know he doesn't appreciate beauty the way I do despite what he says. I'm sure he doesn't study every aspect of my face the way I study his. His is a very handsome man. I know this date will probably be a one time only thing, I'm sure he has done this with all of his coworkers at one point or another. I'm not special. I'm beautiful but I know that i'm no different from any other woman in that office.

I sigh.
"How has your day gone so far?" I ask, just trying to make conversation.

He pauses. He thinks about his response before responding. I appreciate this, I'm glad he didn't just quickly respond with "good".

"It's been stressful to be honest. I'm working on canceling Lauren and I's wedding we had planned. You've helped me a lot more than you think, I would be swamped with work without. You are such a good little worker for me," he says.

Something about his words make me feel bubbly. I'm his good little worker. There is something about that. I can't explain it. I like that he praises me.

"I'm glad i'm able to help you during this time," I smile, not really knowing what to say.

"You are adorable, Bells. Very sweet girl," he admires.

I blush and look down.
He definitely knows how to charm a girl.

💋

A/N: Hey dolls. I've been busy lately. I'll update as soon as possible. I hope you like my hair chapter, if you did, please vote and comment. xoxo

-alexa🥀