2.8

It's been 3 weeks since it all happened and it hasn't been easy. Most nights, I lay awake staring at the dark corners of mine and Harry's bedroom. It all feel so new and foreign. This is the first time I've gotten to enjoy Harry's place since my father disowned me. It still doesn't feel like home.

I'm more skittish than I was before. Harry knows not to sneak up on me now, a few days ago I accidentally punched him when his arms snaked around my waist while I was doing the dishes. I felt horrible but he had it coming.

I'm constantly checking behind me and keeping unnecessary lights on. I just can't get rid of this feeling that someone is following me or in the room with me even though I'm completely alone.

Sometimes things are easy and I feel as though I can finally relax. It's when Harry's home and awake that I feel this way. I feel safe as long as I'm with him. I try to be strong and show him that I'm doing fine but deep down this is all crippling me.

Tonight is one of the bad night.

The bad nights consist of me being huddled underneath the duvet, pressing close to Harry's warm body, unable to sleep. My eyes will burn with tired tears because when I close them, I see Their faces. I see Their evil eyes peering at me through the dark. I'll shake and tremble beside Harry till he wakes up. This is how I lay now.

A tear slips down my bony cheek. A whimper escapes my chapped lips. I swear I can feel Their presence in the room, possibly beside the window or maybe at the end of the bed. I hid my face in the silky blanket.

"Go away, go away, oh please, go away," I whisper.

Tears continue to spill as my body trembles.

Harry's breathing is so slow and steady, his skin is so warm. I wish he would wake up and hold me. I feel bad though, this is the second time this week, I don't want to wake him but I can't help it. He gets mad when I don't.

I try to copy his breathing. I inhale through my silent sobs just as slowly as he does. I hold it for a moment and then release at the same time. I wish I could see his face right now, that always calms me but I really don't want to face whoever else could be in the room with us. So, I stay under the duvet, the second safest place.

I feel like a child as I do this, I'm fully aware of how ridiculous this is but it makes me feel better, so I stay hidden.

Harry's chest rumbles as he clears his throat. He groans softly.

"Bella, baby," he calls.

I whine softly as I try to stop my tears.

"C'mere angel, let me hold you," his rough voice says.

"I'm s-sorry," I mumble into the sheets.

"Don't be sorry, get out from under there so we can sleep, baby," he soothes.

I lift the duvet from over my head. I sit my knees as my legs fold underneath my bum. I sit next to him. I run my shaky hands over my cheeks as I wipe down the tears. I tuck my hair behind my ears and suck in a deep breath.

"It's alright now, no ones here."

I nod and sink down into the bed beside him. I lay on my side, facing him with wet eyes. I peer at his tired face. He looks exhausted.

"No need to cry now, I'm here. Just shut your eyes and lay with me now, baby. No ones going to get you from me. You're my baby, huh?" he says, finally opening his eyes to look down at me in his arms.

My face heats up as he studies my features. His lips pucker as he leans forward and presses kisses to my head. I stay quiet and try to nuzzle even closer to him.

"Sorry for waking you again, I really don't mean to," I mumble into his chest.

"Don't you worry about it. I'm fine. I want to make sure you're okay though, that's why you need to wake me up as soon as you feel uncomfortable. You know I'll help you and stay awake as long as I need to," he explains softly as his hand rubs circles along my tense arm.

Tears well up in my eyes once more. I feel so pathetic.

"I w-wish I could be normal for you. I hate that you have to deal with this. I think I should just leave," I cry.

I start to wiggle from his grip. I sit up again when I'm finally free. My hands are shaking worse than before. I don't want to leave Harry but I feel like he'd better off without me and all this nonsense that comes along with having me here. I feel so helpless and empty.

"Don't talk like that, Bella. Come on and lay with me. You know I care about you so much, I want you here with me more than anything. I like knowing you're safe with me."

Harry is so calm and soothing. His voice so effortlessly melts away my worries. He sits up softly.

"Watch your eyes, baby."

He flicks on the light by the bed that sits on his night stand after warning me of the brightness. My eyes are sore and sleepy.

"Let me see your sweet little face," he coos.

I shy away as he tries to move the messy strands of hair away from my face.

"Come sit, let's talk for a minute," he says as he tucks a strand behind my ear, grabbing the sides of my face so I'll look at him.

He let's go and pats the space between his thighs as he stretches his legs. He wants me to sit between them.  I hesitantly move in between the space. I turn around so that my back is against his bare chest. I rest my head back in his shoulder. I shut my eyes.

He grabs my hands and holds them within his own. I can tell he's looking at them as he cranes his head over my shoulder to look down at them. He plays with my fingers as he presses soft kisses to my cheek, making me blush.

"Take a good look around," he speaks.

I open my eyes and glance around the room.

"No one is here," he says.

I know what he's getting at.

"I won't ever let anyone near you. I won't ever let someone take you from me. You're mine, you're my baby. I'm sorry I let those bad, bad men get to you. I won't ever forgive myself for that."

I stay quiet.

"I don't know how someone could hurt someone as sweet and pure as you. I don't know how someone could hurt an angel," he mumbles into my neck a he presses a soft kiss to it.

My chest tightened as I squeezed at his hands. I smile to myself.

I think I love you, Harry.

A/N: hello, i know it's been a while. This chapter is short and mushy but i'll update again soon I PROMISE!!! i basically wrote this just to give you guys an idea of what bella has been dealing with. things are going to get juicy real soon. please vote and comment!! i live the feedback!! we are so close to 200k reads and i can't believe it. i never thought this book would do this well. thanks for continuing to read. ALSO!! PLEASE FOLLOW MY TWITER!! IM SO CLOSE TO 200 FOLLOWERS!! MY @ IS KISSYYBABYY. anyways. i love u. mwah!
-alexa