Assassins Of Yesterday - 9

~~ We have things to discuss ~~

Jacob was finally asleep. Both agents hurried about throughout the house, changing into their corresponding attire. Jessica had barely slipped into high tops and was now putting her hair into a ponytail. She strolled through the hallway in the dark and carefully jogged down the stairway. Matthew was quick to follow after her, both agents moving to Jessica's car. They sped out of the driveway and drove to their destination.

The lights from the poles zoomed past them and eventually, they became more visible as they slowed. Matthew parked the car 2 blocks away from their first suspects house. Quickly, both agents exited the car. Matthew stood beside the driver's door while Jessica commenced her stroll down the sidewalk with precaution.

Andy Carter was walking at a quick pace towards his house. It was a busy day for him. Between traveling and negotiating, there were also thousands of packages that needed to be exported and marked. Seeing as how he had recently returned, the movement was slow and he needed the line to move quicker before the day's end. And the people had to be stamped in order to pass them through the assembly line.

The man was exhausted. Regardless, Carter knew he had made a good amount of money. 2 million worth of negotiation. And another million tomorrow for the new batch. How could he not be happy? The man was boiling rich.

So deep in thought, he did not notice the figure walking behind him. Until he was knocked aside. Andy slowly opened his eyes, frozen in place as he stared at the pair of eyes looking down at him. "Carter." The one word spoken by her was enough to send Andy into a frenzy and down the hallway of history. Deep history. From the beginning to the last time he had seen her, which was behind bars. However, there were a few blurry lines.

Amused by his silence, Jessica took a pair of handcuffs and placed her foot on his chest to keep him down. All the while, she stared at him, not breaking eye contact. She could see the gaps in his eyes as he attempted to remember certain things. She was only hoping it was what she wanted him to forget. "Get up," she grunted. Carter allowed his body to go limp as the woman lifted him. "If you don't get up Carter." Her tone was threatening but it amused Andy. Nonetheless, he stood. Jessica smiled sweetly, her eyes glinting in mischief. "We have things to discuss Carter."

* * * * * * * * *

His struggles were muffled by the rag stuffed into his mouth. He refused to cry out in pain. Matthew, bored, slashed the skin of Andy's arm. "Last Chance Carter. Where are you holding them?" Carefully, Matthew pulled the drenched rag only to have Andy spit on him.

Jessica couldn't take it anymore. She had been sitting back, watching Matthew pull every torture tool in the book on him and all the while Andy refused to speak. Angrily, Jessica stood and pulled Matthew back. "Go outside," she ordered. Smith hesitated, not sure of why she would have wanted him nowhere near him when she attempted an extraction of the information. Once Matthew stepped out, Jessica secured the lock of the door before turning to Andy who was panting.

"Let's do it my way."

Matthew reluctantly went to lie on his bed after Jessica practically kicked him out of the room. He was unsure of the outcome of the man. He was a bit concerned for his health. But he had to do it. They needed the information and only Jessica would be able to get the information out.

He wondered what she was going to do. If she was if going to repeat the same techniques he did, would she do it to provoke twice as much pain as it should? Who knew.

* * * * * * * * *

"You don't want to do this". He began to move backwards. Scooting and grunting his way to the corner as she picked up the blade. "How would you know"? Jessica wore an impassible expression as she approached the man. She was furious that the man had even had the guts to bring up their past. She wasn't happy about it.

The panic in his face rose as she leant forward and used the tip of the blade to remove his matted hair revealing a blood-covered face. He lets out a harsh exhale and that was the cue for her to get on her knees in front of him. "I didn't have a choice. You more than anyone knows what it means to be loyal". He groans at the pressure of the tip against his throat. "I do. But you're the one that broke the loyalty pact. You backstabbing son of a bitch".

He winced at the harshness in her voice. She slowly stood, swinging the blade straight at his head. Maroon liquid seeped slowly. She scoffed, shaking her head. She wobbled to where the unoccupied chair sat unbothered. And she began to cry.

"He doesn't love you," she spat at me. I stare intently into her eyes as they hovered above me. The man holding on to me tightened his grip on my arms and I couldn't help but cry out in pain. Andy stood just a few feet away from me with an amused smile playing on his lips.

I had the sudden urge to punch the living daylights from him but I couldn't seem to get the man behind me away. So in the most painful process ever, I reluctantly twisted my arm for my elbow to bend backwards. It was painful but helpful enough to get him to let me go. The knife she had dug into my thigh was now poking from her forehead as she fell limp on the floor.

The man whipped out his gun and I instantly kick it away. I ran, holding onto my limping arm, grabbed the gun and aimed for him, shooting relentlessly. He fell down with a plop.

Andy, though, I couldn't seem to be able to pull the trigger. All I could see was the boy whom I grew up with. The one who always accompanied me to school; the one who helped me make my breakfast and lunch; the one who trained with me 24/7; the one whom I gave my first kiss to.

"Andy, don't move and I won't shoot." His face became void. He took slow steps backwards but I couldn't pull the trigger. I still care about him too much to be able to kill him. "I know you won't shoot Jessy. You love me." I shake my head. "It's okay," he said. He had now reached the door and I noticed that my arm had lowered own to the point where if he abruptly ran, I wouldn't be able to shoot him. But I didn't lift it. Not even when I heard the other agents arriving."I still love you."

* * * * * * * * *

1197 Words