Assassins Of Yesterday - 14

~~ I was threatened and frightened. ~~

Barnes' yells were muffled by the bandanna as Jessica dragged the knife down his left arm, tracing his vein. "If you tell me where she's hiding then we will stop. But on the other hand, I am having so much fun." Jessica yanked the man's head back and dug the knife into his arm, forcing the blade to cut through his skin onto the wooden arm of the kitchen chair. The moist bandanna slipped from his mouth, allowing the screams of agony to vibrate through the house.

She rolled her eyes at the man and with a huff, slumped onto his lap. "Smith," she whined. "He's not cooperating." Smith snorted at her behavior as he stared emptily. "Then change your interrogation method." Jessica stroke the man's hair when a crazy idea popped into her head. It would be an exciting act to play out. She eyes Smith. With a knowing smirk, she kissed Barne in his quivering lips, earning a suspicious expression from Smith.

"Smith, you might want to step out for this."

He scoffed. "Nothing you do will surprise me." The woman simply shrugged unbothered by his refusal. "Let the fun begin," she muttered as she flipped her blade out and grabbed a bottle of hydrogen peroxide from her bag.

Matthew watched silently as she would stab him and spread some of the burning liquid over the puncture. It was something that made him sick but he held his ground, unable to do anything but watch.

* * * * * * * * *

For almost an hour, Jacob and Alan conversed amicably. They spoke about the amazing places one could visit within the state. Alan even showed him a picture of his family. "That boy is my nephew."

"His father, my brother, left years back."

"As in abandoned or like, R.I.P?"

"He died."

"Oh, I'm sorry."

"It's alright. I guess." Alan wanted to tell Jacob about how his nephew's father died. But he knew he couldn't.

At the age of 7, Blake's mother divulged to Blake that their family worked as assassins for the government and he had taken it pretty well. The boy was now 14 and he helped around in a few missions whenever they needed help. Blake wanted to be an assassin like his dad.

Jacob stood and grabbed his disposable plate to throw away. Alan also stood. "Well, Jacob, it was nice finally meeting you but I have to get going. Blake is waiting for me and I have to drive up to New York which is a couple hours of driving and I don't want to get on a plane so yeah." Jacob nodded, extending his hand to shake palms with Alan. "It was good meeting you too."

"Tell my sweet cousin that I said hello." Jacob was confused. "Who?" Alan then chuckled. She sure has made it her goal to keep him away from everything. "Your mom."

* * * * * * * * * *

Jessica tended to the wounds the young boy had received. She couldn't believe that the man was sexually torturing the boy and she became furious when she saw what was happening. Although the boy was working under Phoenix, she could see that the boy didn't want to have to do anything with them. Phoenix must have had some sort of topic of object or something to be able to have the boy still working for him even after what she could identify as trauma because of abuse.

"You could have come in contact with me."

"I don't have that kind of access."

"Stop being such a submissive person. You didn't want to engage in their activities. The lack of participation drove that pig to rape you senseless."

"I was threatened and frightened."

"No shit."

The boy rolled his eyes at the woman, wondering why she was being nice to him when she was supposed to eliminate him for being with Phoenix. "So, what is your real name?" He hesitated, pondering on the choices he had.

"Jorim. Fagan Jorim."

"Okay Jorim, you're coming home with me. Although, I must warn you that I have a son at home that has no idea of what I do and I intend on keeping it that way." Fagan gave the woman a stern look. "Don't. What if someone else tells him? He could end up hating you and might do a decision he might end up regretting. Trust me, I speak from experience."

Fagan stood and brushed past her out the door to the car where Matthew was waiting. Jessica sighed. "He's right."

* * * * * * * * * *

Jacob strolled around the trees. He needed to clear his mind and resorted to taking a walk but soon found that he shouldn't have. Something had snapped behind him, making him freeze and turn around only to be faced with emptiness and darkness. "Shit."

He dashed through the thick forest surrounding his house and he cussed out some more when he heard the distinct sound of boots pounding on the ground. His steps faltered as he found himself wondering where his mother was and he tripped over his shoe. A heavy body fell on his back. The figure made Jacob turn onto his back.

Jacob became frustrated and angry at himself for going against his mother's orders. But there was no turning back now. All he could do was fight back and that's what he did.

Throwing his legs up, his hit them against the man's stomach. The silhouette fell aside and Jacob took the chance to scramble up to his feet and grab a stick. But the man was quicker. He picked up a stone and charged for Jacob. One hit against the head and Jacob was out.

* * * * * * * * * *

983 Words