Assassins Of Yesterday - 12

~~ She would surely castrate me ~~

Agent Smith glared disapprovingly at the way Marcello Martinez held onto Jessica. His hands were incredibly low on her back. He did not like his proximity to Jessica. Not one bit. Maybe it was because he divulged his knowings when he clearly wasn't supposed to. Yet deep down, he knew it was because he was falling in love with her once again. There was no denying that feeling anymore.

"Take care love."

Matthew snorted when he heard those words come out of Marcello's mouth, causing both agents to face him and he began to pretend to be inspecting his hair in the rear view mirror. He went back to watching how Martinez closed the distance between them and whispered things to her. Suspicions raised when Jessica took a step back and gave Marcello a look of disbelief. Marcello reached for her and he said something else before Jessica shook her head and chuckled.

"Fine." he heard her whisper.

Then, Marcello scooped her neck and kissed Jessica in an excruciating slow rhythm. Jacob had caught sight of what was occurring when he glanced at the rear view mirror as well and his eyes grew wide at the spectacular unfolding. "No way."

Marcello took the moment to push her against the rear of the car, hooking her legs around his waist. He cautiously parted enough for it to still seem they were kissing. "Tell me he isn't watching." Marcello glanced quickly and smiled devilishly. "Oh, he sure is. And boy is he pissed."

Jessica groaned in annoyance and buried her face into Marcello's chest. "God, I don't like you." Marcello laughed. "I'll let you go now. I don't want to die yet. Text me when you arrive at the safe house. I want to know what happens." Jessica shook her head. "Why did I agree?"

"Because you know he loves you. As you do too."

"No, I don't." The man shook his head. "Yes, you do. Now go, before he comes out and kills me."Jessica hugged the man and went around the other side, climbing into the passenger seat. As soon as she shut the door, the car roared to life and Matthew sped out, making sharp turns.

* * * * * * * * * *

Having awoken at 5 in the morning, Jessica could not go back to sleep. Multiple plans and procedures ran through her mind. Today was going to be a long day for her and Matthew. The agents, with help of the Brown's, were able to locate the next Chiefs of Phoenix's associates and they would be moving on them today.

It was also four days since the Waffle House incident.

Feeling low, the woman had decided to get a shower in order to relieve the tension. Jessica gathered everything and made her way into the bathroom, forgetting to lock the door.

She washed thoroughly, scrubbing her skin with the lathered honey-scented soap. After feeling her muscles loosen tension, she rested her forehead on the cool tiles and allowed for the warm water to pour over her as she thought about everything that had occurred in the past 4 days. Matthew would only give her one-worded answers and sometimes, openly ignore her. Jacob seemed to have been more distracted than ever before since he would sometimes drift off whenever they all sat in the dining room. What if he really likes me?

The thought itself made her chuckle. Matthew couldn't like her. They were anything but compatible. They didn't always meet eye to eye but she sure did know she felt something inexplicable about him. Do I?

Shaking her head, Jessica shut off the water and pushed the sliding door open. Almost instantly, cool air wrapped around her legs, and a towel was thrown in her face. Before she could see who it was, the door slammed shut, leaving her surprised at how quick everything occurred. She didn't need to think much about who happened to be in the bathroom. She already knew.

* * * * * * * * *

Agent Smith sighed deeply in relief as he entered his room. It was not the fact that her body terrified him. It was what she would do to him if he had stood there ogling at her for more than a second. She would surely castrate me. He most certainly would not be able to see the sunset.

Matthew waited for the hallway to be vacant and once he was sure, he sped to the bathroom and locked the door.

* * * * * * * * * *

Jessica sat on her son's bed, pondering on whether or not she should wake him. Hesitantly, she shook him. "It's too early mom," Jacob muttered sleepily. Jessica chuckled and ruffled his hair.

"Matthew and I are attending another meeting. But, I have no idea how long this may take us. So, I spoke with the Lawrence's and they have agreed to watch you in the afternoon. Carol has informed me that they would be taking you to the park. They would be dropping you off around 18:30. And I have also left a phone number on the fridge door. When you come home and you're hungry, call the number and a friend of mine will answer you. Okay?"

Jacob only nodded, in taking all the information. "Jennifer is coming over. They will leave me home at around 6:30 and if I'm hungry, call the number on the fridge to bring me food. Got it."

Jessica chuckled at her son and she lightly kissed his forehead. "Okay. I'll see you tonight." With only a hum as a response, she walked out of his room and headed down to the kitchen where apparently, Matthew was cooking breakfast. She approached him with a concerned look that had Matthew furrowing his eyebrows in confusion. "What is it?" She shook her head lightly. "Maybe we shouldn't travel so far to find them.I have a really bad feeling." Matthew craned his neck and he focused on her features, noticing how worry lines were already forming. "We don't have to go today. We can always go another day."

"It's not that. It's just-I don't want to drive very far and leave Jacob alone." "So you want to get group 3?" She nodded. Matthew understood that she wouldn't want to travel far. He would have done the same. "Okay. We can go now to be able to leave earlier." Jessica nodded. "Yeah."

* * * * * * * * * *

1099 Words