Assassins Of Yesterday - 18

~~ Ironic? How son? ~~

Matthew laid the woman on the bed and he silently watched as she slowly undressed, revealing her exquisite skin that glimmered under the dim moonlight peeking in from behind the curtains. He liked her but he was not sure if he could have a chance with her. He wanted just one chance to prove himself to her. Just one.

Jessica could feel the burning stare of the man as she peeled her bloody shirt off, leaving her in just a bra and her pants. Reluctantly, the woman took her pants off as well. She felt giddy as she stood but Matthew was right beside her to hold her steady as she undressed. The man couldn't help but allow for his hands to roam every edge of her body. From trailing her neck collarbone down to the soft mounds of her breasts and over the perfect imperfection of her hip's curves.

Every touch and stroke he provided for the woman led her closer to losing her sanity and almost made her forget what she was to do. She wanted to apologize for everything. The guilt she carried since his death and the funeral. She needed to apologize to him. "Matthew?"

The man hummed, looking up at the woman to meet her scorching gaze as his hands found rest at her naked hipbones. "I'm sorry." His eyes widened. Why is she apologizing, he wondered. He tugged her waist, gesturing for her to face him which she complied to. "What?"

"I'm sorry," she repeated. "For what?" Matthew stroke Jessica's lips, wondering about what she could have possibly meant but he couldn't seem to focus on the gibberish words spilling from her lips. "The way I've been acting towards you since the...funeral." He chuckled. "You don't have to apologize for anything. I-"

"Yes, I do. Because I can't seem to hold it back in anymore." Now he was confused. "Hold what back?" Jessica inhaled sharply. For so long she was denying her feelings towards the man. There was so much desire within her that it was ridiculous that she couldn't sleep at night anymore. She realized that she never wanted to marry Jacob's father because of love. It was the fact that they were best friends and she had fallen in love with him. Matthew Smith.

"I'm in love with you."

Matthew stopped stroking the woman's lips upon hearing her words. Were they true? Did she really love him? He watched as silent tears escaped her eyes and she shifted to walk away but he quickly cradled her into him, nuzzling his nose into her neck. Was she serious? He wanted to believe her words. Nonetheless, his own desire and love clouded his mind.

"I have always loved you, Williams. You and Jacob."

He could feel a weight fall off his shoulders as he confessed this to her. But what made him even happier was the slight chuckle escaping her mouth to which he embraced the woman with a passionate kiss.

The woman no longer feared that her emotions would take her further than before. She no longer feared the rejection or the pain in consequence of her action. She loved the man. He loved her back and the only thing left to complete them was to kill Patrick and rescue her son.

She was more than ecstatic for that.

* * * * * * * * * *

Fagan sat on the couch with his elbows resting on his knees and his chin against his open palms. Felicie, Mrs. Jackson, was sitting beside him, drinking a glass of apple juice while Fagan had been consuming a small round glass of whiskey.

"How did you come into this job?" Felicie asked him, curious as to why or how this young man came to be. "I was taken in by...Phoenix's men. There was a woman there, Sarah was her name, who took matters into her own hands. I was a young fool, allowing that one evil woman to manipulate and play with my mind. I let her torture my parents and kill them."

Fagan chuckled dryly as he leaned the tip of the glass closer to his mouth to talk a sip. "Now, here I am. Almost a full grown man and the only thing I am good at is killing without remorse. Ironic isn't it?" Felicie faced the young man, raising a questionable eyebrow. "Ironic? How son?"

That's when it hit the woman. Fagan had a hard time growing up and the only family love he was familiar with was the love of embracing death. She knew the young man was confused with his current feelings. "Do you mean that you were supposed to kill the assassins that have saved you from my husband's nerve wrenching lifestyle? Or that you didn't harm them because you see yourself within them?" Fagan chuckled. "What do you think Felicie?"

* * * * * * * * * *

830 Words