Book 2 - Assassins Of Today

The oath an assassin takes is a never-ending promise to protect one's country and the people residing in it. It symbolizes Loyalty and Respect. It's dedicating your life to make it possible for others to live. When your blood hits the bottom of the dish, it symbolizes your willingness to die before innocents do. They symbolize Sacrifice.

* * * * *

Having terminating Phoenix Jackson, they believed it was finally over.

But what happens when Jacob's father reappears after supposedly dying in the hospital over 10 years ago?

Not only has he came back to life, but he is also Phoenix's son.

And he's back to avenge his father's death.

One can never know what can happen.

And only one team can make it out alive from this brewing war.

~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~

©2017; Mild depicts of violence, sexuality, and strong language; Updating twice a week

* * * * *

Excerpt from Assassins Of Today...

There was something about the lack of sound that frightened me. A burning sensation had ignited in my stomach. Almost as if a rock was dropped. I knew something was up when Matthew didn't answer any of my calls as well as Jacob. Moreover, Patrick's recent behavior has made me uneasy about him near them. It scared me.

I cautiously walk through the vacant hallway of the first floor. All doors were shut and only the light drawing in from the living room lit the hallway. The sound of a low grunt caught my attention and I slowly turn around towards a secluded door. Without hesitation, I turn the knob. It was unlocked.

I take cautious steps down the narrow staircase. I come across another door, metallic bolted door. Again, it was unlocked. I can feel my chest tighten as I gave silent short breaths. My hands had become clammy with sweat and tingle rippled through my stomach. It was a fuzzy feeling.

Upon entering the room, I gasp. Men in dark clothing stood along the walls. Their attention remained still, unaffected by my presence. I then noticed the two wooden chairs pressed against each other, back-to-back, with limping figures settled on them. "Oh my God."

Allowing for my legs to move, I dash to them. "Nice of you to join us, Jessica." I inhale and carefully lift Jacob's head with my palms. His eyelids fluttered and underneath the layers of skin, I could see the rapid movement of his eyes. His entire forehead was decorated with crystal sweat beads and the low collar of his shirt was drenched in it as well. He fucking drugged them.

"You ask me to let you get to know your son. This-" I stand and point at my drugged son, "-this is what I fucking find?!!" Patrick smirked and shook his head, instantly snapping his fingers. The men shot out their guns and charged them, aiming at me. I refrain my instincts from taking charge. Fucking bastard. "Did you really think I wouldn't find out Jessica??"

My brain was wrecked at the fact of the numerous amounts of guns aimed at my head but I managed to catch his question. "What are you talking about Patrick?"

"Don't lie to me!!!"

The sound of his voice booming caused me to jump in fright and shivers to run down my spinal cord. "You know exactly what I'm talking about, Assassin." He spat at me. He took long strides towards me as I stared at him. I open my mouth to say something back but the sudden stinging in my cheek left me speechless. He just laid his hand on me.

"One choice. Who do you love enough to save??"

* * * * * * * * * * *