Couldn't

"So," Jeonghan started. "I've heard you are the 'new' test subject."

"Yeah," Minhyuk answered.

"How is it?" Jeonghan asked as they walked down the hallway to S.coups' office.

"It's kind of cool, I haven't taken the drug too many times so I can't really say anything about it," Minhyuk told him. Jeonghan just nodded.

They got to S.coups' office and Jeonghan opened the door. Minhyuk saw Kihyun sitting in a chair and another guy sitting behind a large desk, most likely S.coups.

"It's nice to finally meet you," S.coups said extending his hand out for Minhyuk to shake. Minhyuk gladly shook it and smiled brightly. "Jeonghan you can leave now."

"You owe me later though," Jeonghan said with a wink. S.coups just smirked a little as Jeonghan left the room.

"Anyways, so I've heard you have successfully taken the drug, yes?"

"Yes," Minhyuk replied taking a seat next to Kihyun.

"And were there any side effects of any kind?"

"No, I felt fine afterwards," Minhyuk answered.

"Then Kihyun I guess tell Jooheon we're doing this," S.coups said, leaning back in his seat a little.

"Anything you want to send, with the message?" Kihyun asked. S.coups thought about it for a minute, and opened a drawer in his desk. He pulled out a purple origami flower and handed it to Kihyun.

"Give him this," S.coups said. "I have no use for it, but it's pretty."

"Okay, thank you S.coups," Kihyun said standing up. He bowed and walked out. Minhyuk did the same. When the two walked out, Minhyuk noticed Jeonghan was still outside the office and he simply went inside the office with a smirk on his face.

---

"Oh, Minhyuk," Jooheon called. Kihyun and Minhyuk had just gotten back from Clan S. "Give this to Hyungwon, please. He needs his medicine," Jooheon said handing Minhyuk a bottle full of a blue liquid. Minhyuk took it and went to their room where he thought Hyungwon would probably be sleeping.

He went to the room, only to find it empty but there was a piece of paper on the bed. Minhyuk picked it up and read it:

Do you remember the poem I wrote when we were little?
Everything is gray
Dull and pitiful
Getting beat like pray
But he says it's beautiful
He says it's worth the trouble
I feel safe
When we act like a couple
I just wish he'd stay
A little while longer
And never go away

I'm sorry I couldn't do the same for you, but I couldn't take it anymore. I had to go away. I couldn't stay.

Minhyuk's heart skipped a beat. He didn't understand what the note meant. He ran to the bathroom, clutching the bottle Jooheon gave him tightly. He wanted to throw up, he felt woozy.

When he got to the bathroom, he stopped. The whole world stopped. He saw Hyungwon. In the tub. Motionless.

"Hyukie," Hyungwon called. Minhyuk looked over at Hyungwon. They were sitting shoulder to shoulder on the dock of their famous lake. "What would happen if we never met?"

"I wouldn't be alive," Minhyuk said. "I couldn't live without you." Hyungwon looked at the now troubled Minhyuk, who's eyes were watery. Hyungwon put his hand on Minhyuk's cheek as a tear fell from his eye.

"It's okay," Hyungwon told him. "I'm here so it's okay. We met and that's all that matters. And we are together."

Minhyuk sniffled and tried to smile a bit. Hyungwon smiled back and kissed Minhyuk.

Minhyuk stared at Hyungwon's motionless body. He couldn't feel anything anymore. He felt like everything had been taken away from him.

He slowly walked closer to the bath. He pulled Hyungwon's body up, so his head was now above water. Minhyuk just looked at the peaceful Hyungwon.

A single tear fell down his cheek. He leaned in close to kiss Hyungwon's plump lips for the last time.

He backed away and opened the bottle of the drug, no the medicine. He poured the liquid into the tub. Ounce it was empty, he climbed into the bath along with Hyungwon and grabbed his hand.

"I'll never let go," Minhyuk whispered before closing his eyes, and clutching onto Hyungwon's hand.

"Hyukie? Hyukie?" Hyungwon kept calling. He was in an all dark room and he couldn't see anything.

"Hyungwon, you need to wake up."

"What? I can't I don't know how. I need your help Hyukie."

"I can't fully help you Hyungwon. I'm not fully with you, but I'm not letting go."

"Hyukie please! I just need to know how!"

"Just come back to me Hyungwon."

Hyungwon suddenly gasped. He woke up trying to breath, and coughing up water. Minhyuk woke up too and helped Hyungwon out of the tub. He was constantly coughing. Minhyuk was trying to help him.

He finally ceased coughing and rested his head against the wall. Minhyuk just stared at him. They were both soaked. Hyungwon finally looked at Minhyuk and their eyes met.

"Hyukie..." Hyungwon weakly mumbled.

"Shh, don't talk," Minhyuk told him, placing his finger on Hyungwon's lips. He quickly gave Hyungwon a kiss.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't keep holding on," Hyungwon said softly. "My hands were hurting."

------

Minhyuk carried Hyungwon to their room, and changed his clothes. He was still shivering even with dry clothes and many blankets. Minhyuk crawled in bed with Hyungwon and held him tightly, from his back. Minhyuk barried his face in the croak of Hyungwon's neck.

"I love you," Minhyuk mumbled. Hyungwon was still a little shook from earlier. "It's okay, you don't have to say anything. I just want you to know that I love you," Minhyuk said smiling a bit.

"I love you too," Hyungwon said. "I love you a lot."

Hyungwon felt better with Minhyuk holding him. Minhyuk was warm, while he was cold. Hyungwon felt like nothing could hurt him when he was in Minhyuk's embrace. He wanted to feel this way forever, but he knew he couldn't.