Chapter 49

I rubbed my hair with a towel as I saw Iain exit the bathroom with an towel around his waist. Trying not to stare, I diverted my eyes to the paperwork in front of me, pretending to read the terms and agreements of the various merge holder contracts. I felt Iain come to the opposite side of the bed and take a seat.

"So what do you think?"

I looked at him, confused.

"Huh?" I countered.

"I saw you reading the terms, what do you think? Agreeable? Or too greedy?" He chuckled lightheartedly.

Shit.

I quickly glanced at the contracts again.
'Damn it Aaliyah, think of something smart'

Clearing my throat I began.

"I think you should give more leeway for company change, and propose one of your own investments so it won't seem like their ass is just on the line. But make sure it's a refundable one." I said, chuckling slightly. I wasn't serious one bit but Iain looked to actually be considering my words.

"You're right."

I raised one perfectly ached thick eyebrow.
"Really?"
Iain stood up, grabbed his boxers and put them on with the towel still around his waist. I observed closely, actually praying to catch a glimspe of....ya know. Flinging the towel to a laundry basket he sat back down.

"Yeah, I'm serious. That was a good pitch. Which is why I'm bringing you with me in the boardroom."

I couldn't believe my ears, I mean I had experience in business management and went to college for Business & Adminstration but never have I been apart of actual business. Like discussing mergers, grants and Company pay.

I was nervous and excited at the exact same time.
"You really trust me with that experience?"

Iain scoffed.
"Of course, I trust you. You haven't given me a reason not to."

I smiled and continued to look at the papers, seeing 'stocks' crossed out.
"Why does stocks have a line through it?"

Leaning over, Iain looked to where I was pointing.
"I don't have full control of the company yet, my dad as chairman grants me that and then I can do whatever I want. Under his supervision of course."

I looked astounded.
"Wow, I thought CEO was the highest rank..." Maybe I should've paid more attention in college.

"There's Board Of Directors, which have the Chairmen, there's CEO, then MD or Managing Director and a bunch of other titles like the CCO, CMD, etc. Once I have full access I'll be promoted to CEO, founder and Chairman."

"Seems like a lot of responsibilities."

Iain started to gather the papers and put them away.
"Yeah, but it's all I know and I think I handle it well. Keeps my mind off things, it's the only thing I'm actual good at."

Nodding my head, I agreed solemnly until I rethought what he said.

"Wait, I'm sure you're great in other things.."

Iain looked at me sideways.
"No need to smooth it out, I can admit my shortcomings."

We laughed grand, and got under the covers.

Iain stretched his arms to put the papers on the night stand and to also turn off the lamp. Discarding of the towel I used to dry my now curl napped hair, I anticipated the towel to drop in the basket. Seeing that it did, I air pumped and yelled,
"Kobe!"

Laughing airy, Iain shook his head. The room had a big window, a few feet away from the bed and the moon cast its light full blast tonight. No clouds were in the sky to block the moonshine. Laying down, Iain and I were facing each other and I could still see his beautiful ocean blue eyes thanks to the ivory tint the moon was giving us. If I were superstitious, I would even say they looked to be glowing.

"Good night Iain." I whispered,

"Good night Ms. Pinkston." I smiled bitterly at his choice of words. He did that on purpose, in a way I think to remind me of the decision I made of not choosing him right away. Not getting married to him...right now.
Or I could just be overanalyzing but usually that's not even wrong sometimes. Or maybe it was just me desiring his last name. Letting it slip, I closed my eyes for a few minutes and tried to catch sleep before it ran away and for some reason I guess I was slow tonight. Opening my eyes, I saw cold blue ones staring back.

"What's on your mind?" I asked.

"I could ask you the same. Can't sleep?"

I rolled my eyes internally.
"Don't answer my question with an question jackass."

Chuckling slightly Iain sat up on his side, his elbow supporting him.
"I don't know, just.... just life I guess...."

Rolling on to my back, I stared at the ceiling.

"That's vague."

Iain laughed for like 2 seconds then scoffed. "That's not vague."

"Bullshit. You know it is." I made clear. "Give me a little more, hook me. I promise to listen."

Turning my head to him, I saw what looked to be shock on his face but it went away as fast as it came.

Clearing his throat, he shifted but stayed in the same position.
"Where should I start?"

I didn't hesitate in my answer.
"Start wherever. A.M thoughts are never linear, just give me whatever's in there and I'll try my best to understand."

"I'm thinking..." Pausing, Iain displayed to be grounding himself for the biggest spill. I don't know his past too well but from observation I know this man doesn't open up too often but when he does it's some meaningful, deep shit to put it bluntly.

"I'm thinking of..."

And that was the night or morning I should say I saw Iain Pliegue as not only a strong, brave man but just truly a human being with vulnerabilities. He unsealed his world to me, he let me in..for real this time. We talked about his illness, his faults, the future and much more. That's a moment I'll never forget with Iain, and to think this whole time I've had such a misconstrued definition of what a Dominant is....this whole time I've actually been gathering what it really means to be one.