Chapter 23: The Water Stars

The Squadd have completed the Crystal Labyrinth test and successfully captured the Water Stars, the ancient objects that could defeat Theodor.

In the courtyard of Alfea, the Squadd are just sitting on the beautiful green grass as the spring sun shines in their face as they are all just sitting around and relaxing.

"We got the Water Stars from the Golden kingdom and more importantly, I got my face back," said Hajarianna.

"Yeah, I feel like we're the stars!" Musa cheers.

"Okay we've accomplished our objective, but now we have to figure out how the Water Stars work," said Kajari.

"Well, we still get a gold star for effort," said Michael.

"Kajari is right. We know the Water Stars have ancient powers, but we still don't have any idea how to use them," said Willow.

"Well, one thing I do know is that those stars are going to help us beat Theo!" Hajari said.

"And we also know some of the scientific properties of the Water Stars," said Kajari. "They are the exact opposite of Dragon Fire."

"Which explains why they were being kept in the Red Tower. So that they wouldn't clash with each other," said Musa.

"So how can we use what we know about the Dragon Fire and the Water Stars?" asked Hajari.

"I know maybe we could experiment with the Water Stars to see how to activate them."

"We could test their reactions to different stimuli," said Kajari.

"Then come on, let's get to work," said Willow.

"And we'll have the lab to ourselves this time of day," said Hajari.

The kids travel to the laboratory. They all surround a table as they put the six stars on the water as it floats on top.

"Okay so what's the origin of their power?" asked Michael.

"I don't know, but they would make great accessories," Hajarianna says as she chuckles.

The stars start glowing after they are placed in water.

"Ha! Or maybe a flashlight," Musa said.

"Perhaps we can try hitting them with a small burst of energy," said Kajari. "Just to see if they react."

"But what if we get a negative reaction from them?" asked Musa.

"You mean like an explosion?" asked Hajarianna.

"I could contain them in a magic ball while using your burst of energy," said Willow.

"Woah!" Hajari said. "Before we start off any explosions, we should try and connect with the Water Stars. Get to know them." Hajari touches one of the stars with his pinky finger and it starts glowing.

"You mean make friends with them?" asked Hajarianna.

Hajari chuckles. "I don't mean be their BFFs. I mean find their essence."

"Yeah...but why?"

"If we can read their energy pattern we'll know Theo's pattern is the opposite and we can use that information to neutralize him."

"But if we neutralize Theo, we may neutralize you too, since you both come from the Dragon Fire," said Musa.

"I know I'm taking a big risk here, but I don't see any other choice."

"So, you really would risk losing your life?" asked Kajari.

"Yes."

"Well then let's all concentrate and maybe we'll be able to open some kind of communication channel," Michael says as he places his hands on his head.