24

Claire stayed over at Ollie's again, and Alex moved like a stealth shadow in her house. She checked Samuel was sound asleep-with Tolkien's book still open by his side. She closed the door noiselessly and headed to her room. The light coming in from the street showed her Tom's sleeping figure. She paused at the doorway to watch him. Then she sneaked into the bathroom for a quick shower.

Tom turned to her the moment she slid under the covers. Alex stuck to his side, resting her head on his chest with a heartfelt sigh. She couldn't think of anything more relaxing, more reassuring than being in his arms like that. She smiled in the dark when she felt his lips brush her forehead.

"Go back to sleep," she whispered.

They lingered in silence for a long while, until Tom's fingers entwined Alex's hair. She found his lips and kissed him, loving the way his arms locked tight around her.

"D'you think we'd ever...?" she muttered.

He didn't stop the line his lips were tracing from her neck to her shoulder. "Ever...?"

"Would it be too boring, just going to the movies?"

Tom lifted his head to frown down at her. "Are you asking me out on a date?"

She frowned too at his stern tone. He chuckled, letting her grab his face and kiss him.

.

.

DON'T OPEN THAT DOOR

THE END

.

This story continues on GHOST of ME Arc 2: Game On