2: She Left

But she had to leave...

She was sleeping in his arms being carried by him, her head over his shoulder. She woke up and rubbed her eyes as soon as her head landed on a soft cushion " .... Ale? Where am I?"

Dazai: my house.

Amaiko: oh. Ale. Didn't kida-chan tell you where my house is? I thought he would have sent me home.

Dazai: ah. I thought you wouldn't mind staying at mine.

She sits upright on the sofa " .... Da-chan. "

Dazai: hm?

Amaiko: what are you trying to do?

Dazai: you're scared?

Amaiko: no. Even without using my ability, I'm a trained former assassin. I can kill you easily.

Dazai brings a cup of water to her " aren't you confident. "

Amaiko: ok... Maybe not that easy... I know you're from Port Mafia before.

Dazai: ale. You checked on me?

Amaiko: no. I worked for Port Mafia countable times. For your... Former boss. I quitted and joined the agency. Didn't like it that I couldn't choose who to kill.

Dazai: you don't like your ability?

Amaiko: how did you know?

Dazai: you've said before about sealing your ability. Plus, you never really seemed to like to use your ability until at the last moment.

Amaiko: it kills. Not that I care who dies... They don't matter... It's just... I feel like a tool when I kill. Smiles just seem a lot better than tears... It makes me feel a little bit better.

Dazai: I see. Amaiko. I heard from kunikida-kun. You want to quit the agency.

Amaiko: not quit... Like that the boss can't seal my powers. Leave. For a very long time. That's it.

Dazai: what are you going to do then?

Amaiko: .... Don't know. Boss said he arranged me to work in military. To train soldiers or maybe be one.

Dazai: you don't like the agency?

Amaiko: I ... Do... I ... I have to. People have recently been looking for me to hire me again. To kill people.

Dazai: you know you can say no to them.

Amaiko: the last time that happened, my neighbor died. I don't want that to happen again. He didn't deserve to. I don't want to bring trouble to the agency too. It's fine...

Dazai: amaiko.

Amaiko: Hai? Da-chan.

Dazai: can you not go?

Amaiko: ..... Da-chan...

Dazai: suki. Daisuki.

Whether or not that was a lie to just keep her there, it didn't matter to her.

Amaiko: da-chan. Ore mo da-chan daisuki.

Suki= like
Daisuki = like very much
Ore mo = me too.

She kissed his lips " maybe... Maybe you're that something. " She looks into his eyes after releasing the kiss. She gets away from him and walk passes him . She opens the door without turning back " bye bye da-chan. "

Dazai: wait!! Must you go?

Amaiko: you'll always be at the agency right? Da-chan.

Dazai:... Ah.

Amaiko: then amaiko will always watch from afar. If da-chan one day decides to die. Amaiko will follow. I won't let you be lonely. Bye bye da-chan.

And she closes the door behind her to leave.
___________________________________

Kunikida : she confessed right ?! Then why did you let her go ?

Dazai ; she had to go. She thinks that way.

Kunikida : I don't understand you two.

Dazai ; kunikida-kun ~ wants to understand? ~ kunikida-kun~ amaiko, Suki ~ ?

Kunikida pushes his glasses up " of course not. She's not my ideal woman."

Dazai ; you're so boring and strict.

Kunikida: I don't need your comments. Hmph .

Dazai : amaiko, she. Probably didn't want to have a reason to stay.

Kunikida: you mean... you were going to a reason ?