23: You've Chosen

Izaya picked up the phone " Moshi Moshi."

Rin: I want you to kill Dazai for me.

Izaya: gomenasai. I don't kill for a living.

Rin: then tell me how to kill him.

Izaya: gomenasai. I don't sell that kind of information either.

Rin : aren't you really interested in him ? What was your objective then?

Izaya: I can't sell that information to you either.

Rin: tsk. Then what can you do?

Izaya : amaiko can't love you. You can't kill Dazai either. Because if he dies, she dies. You should be asking that question yourself. Rin-kun~  what can you do~

" I... I..." Rin squeezed his phone.

Izaya: are you going to give up? Or do you just want to be remembered? There's many ways to be remembered.

Rin: die and make her guilty? No... She's an assassin before. She'll just remembered I died for her as a passing memory. It won't be deep enough...

Izaya: so? ~~

Rin: I'll make her hate her.

" I see. Humans are sure interesting." Izaya smiled slyly over the phone " it was nice talking to you. "

Rin: ah. Nice talking to you.

- beep -
_______________________________

Ranpo pov :

Again... I was called in again for a consult of a murder in an apartment.

 I was called in again for a consult of a murder in an apartment

I entered the murder scene. Just then, gunshots was heard coming from behind me. The two officers beside me had collapsed dead. I turned around to see who it was.

And when I saw his face I could only say...

" I see... This murder was a trap. So this is the route you have chosen. "