11: Die

" hi~~ " 

Dazai woke up being seated to the chair. A girl stood in front of him. He could feel the big wind and see the big skies... He could guess. He was on the top of a high rise building.

Dazai:.... Who are you?

" Me? Manna. Kuyama manna."

Dazai: let's see

Dazai: let's see... Let's see... The last time I remember... That's right... I was in the car...  it suddenly stopped... then ... A gas leaked into the car.

Manna: ah that. We know. Amaiko-chan was an assassin. Couldn't let her find out anything wrong with the car. So we placed a tiny tiny device in the engine that would disrupt the car's engine. The car stops and the gas leaks. This way, amaiko-chan can't find it.

Dazai: this is your invitation? Doesn't do much.

Manna: you thought the invitation was from izaya. Didn't you?

He stood up and puts his hand in his pocket " you're from his side?"

Manna: accurately, I'm his... Lover... I think I can say that now. Hehe.

Dazai:  you're also an assassin?

Manna: ehto... Used to be. And then I died... And then I changed jobs... To something unnatural.

Dazai: unnatural? Like working for an information broker?

Manna: no no. I like these things myself. I asked izaya to give me a chance to play. As for unnatural~~ I can't really say.

Dazai: I see.

Manna: Dazai. Do you think I'm a beautiful woman?

Dazai: of course you are.

She stood by the edge of the building " I heard. You'll commit suicide with someone who's willing to die."

Dazai: you are not.

Manna: you see neh... Izaya is similar to you. He likes death. Not him dying of course. But he thinks death... Are interesting. He likes to see people die.  Humans after all... Are cowards. Dying in itself... Needs courage. Dying from pressure is boring. Those. Those that stand by the edge ready to jump... By hesitate. Those... Those are interesting.

Dazai: so he came to watch my suicide?

She turned to smile " that is if Dazai does it. Don't worry. I'll do it with you." She then smiled slyly" after all... It's interesting to see someone like you to die. Always trying and hesitating to do it properly."

" Dazai!!!!!!! " A familiar voice calls out as the door opened from the staircase. " DAZAI!!!!"

Dazai: kunikida-kun.

Kunikida: what do you think you're doing?!!

Dazai: what have you done?

Manna: called your best friend. It would be mean to not say goodbye right? You're not the kind... Who needs to die without being seen... Are you?

Kunikida: I'm not his best friend!! Who's best friends with this asshole!!!

Dazai sighs " you see~~ "

Manna: I see... That's too bad. He did rush here though...

Dazai: what have you done with my friends?

Manna: ah. The ones in the car. Sent your clients to the agency. As for amaiko-chan and (yosano) Akiko. It's hard to say.

Dazai: I can't die if my beautiful lady is not willing.

Manna: I am.

Dazai: you have to worry about my friends looking for my friends.

Manna: excuses. Anyway... If you don't die, amaiko-chan and Akiko will be in danger. *Smiles* don't worry. I'll die with you.

Dazai: die with me... I thought you love izaya.

Manna: I can't die. I've a weird contract with a god. It's not an ability really. If you don't believe me, you can hug me and jump together.

Dazai: I see... That's really a problem then. I can't die with someone who's not sincere about dying.

Manna laughed " Izaya knew. You would say that." She makes a phone call  "come up. Chiri."

Dazai:.... The client... While she comes up. If I don't die, what will happen to my friends?

Manna: Akiko can't die because of her ability... I think your friends already found her by now. As for amaiko-chan... We just gave her away to some mafia. I honestly do not know where izaya sent her. But I know, she can activate her ability and deactivate it to have slow regeneration. That's what the sleeping is for. That's her weakness isn't it? No one can wake her up when she sleep. It'll be dangerous if something happens~ don't you think.

Chiri comes walking to dazai's side " hi... "

Dazai: was this a trap the whole time?

Manna: nice talking. I'll be leaving then.

Kunikida: don't go!!!

Manna jumps down from the building and takes out a nodachi to stab into the building. It scrapes and goes down... It finally stops and she crashes through the window and escapes.

Chiri: Dazai...

Dazai: chiri.

Chiri: not that beautiful lady... Why would you think that? Because of her age? You're afraid the society will crticize your relationship with her?

Dazai: it's not like that.

Chiri: she's a nice cute girl. She loves plushies. She's naive. Why do you let that kind of person who love you walk pass you?

Dazai: I did not.

Chiri: you did!!!! If you did not... Why did she think that? If you did not... Why do you want to die? Izaya told me everything.... You want to die. Even if you have such a nice girl... Unlike me...

Dazai: did you husband do something to you?

Chiri: no. I just... Don't love him that much to live. Everyday... Staying at home... Is starting to bore me. Living up to certain stupid expectations like how to be a good housewife. Cook. Clean. Wait on your husband.

Dazai: I see...

Chiri: I've been wanting to die... But nothing special has given me a reason to... But look. You gave me one. I guess... You don't love her that much either huh... Like me. She... That not mesmerising? Known too long?

Dazai: no. I wasn't bored of her.

Chiri: no? Then... Why? You want to die.

Dazai: so you're that beautiful lady izaya sent to kill me?

Chiri smiled " I guess. You want to die with me?"

Kunikida: NO!!! DAZAAAIIII !!! YOU DON'T GET TO RUN AWAY FROM ALL OF THIS!! AMAIKO HASN'T BEEN FOUND. ARE YOU... are you... Going to...

Kunikida rushes up to Dazai and punches him by the cheek then grabs Dazai by the collar " to just let her go... LIKE THAT?"

Izaya walks in " don't let me be disappointed. Dazai. A beautiful woman to die with and pressure of amaiko-chan's death. I've given you every reason to die. " He smirks " what else do you need?"