9: Stay

The girl grabbed onto her dress where she remembered painfully where the scar was. Tears fell down her cheek....

The door clicked. She dried her tears and turned to a side to sleep. No. She couldn't sleep. Her eyes were open.

And he knew. He walked to her side and squatted down to meet her gaze " amaiko."

Amaiko: da-chan.

Dazai: you didn't abort it. Why did you lie to me? There was no reason to.

She sat up.

I remember...

The assassin headed towards me. I knew what I had to do. Dodge it. I knew... But I didn't. I caught his hand when he attempted an attack to my neck. I let go of my grip on him and kicked his stomach. He fell backwards but got back up quickly.

I knew. His next move... It was to stab me with the knife in his hand. And when I stopped that, he would take me by surprise by using the knife he had by his belt hidden by the jacket to stab me somewhere else.

There was that chance.

And it happened. And I watched him as he aimed for my belly. I knew. But I hesitated. Should I? To just..  just... Let it... It's not really my style. But... It's one way to...

And he drew a line across my belly deep with his knife. I let him. He himself was shocked with what he did. He wanted to kill me for real with the sudden victory he got. But I took out my gun with my other hand and shot him.

Dazai: it must be painful.

She flipped up her dress and showed him the one line scar " this... Is it." He reached out to touch it " gomen. "

Amaiko: it's not da-chan's fault.

She wrapped her arms around his neck and hugged him " But it's ok. It's not da-chan's fault. "

Dazai : amaiko. Gomen. You had to go through this yourself.

Amaiko : sometimes I ... Wish... I'm that beautiful lady da-chan wants to commit suicide with.

He could tell, she was trying to say that, she wished he would choose her to love more. That she couldn't tell, if he loved her as much, she did to him.

He didn't really answer her. He just put her forehead against and called her " amai-chan. "

Amaiko: da-chan give amaiko new nickname ?

He held her cheeks in her palm " um. Because that's how much I treasure amai-chan. " She blushed " um. Da-chan. "