chapter 1

(Y/N POV)
"Right on time," my best friend Liza whispered as I slid into my seat just before the bell rang. Hey, what could I say. Music class was the last class of the day and I was almost always late.

"Alright, before we begin, we are getting assigned seats today," our teacher Mr. Floyd announce. Liza and I groaned. We hated being separated.

Mr. Floyd read off a list of names. "...Liza Fletcher, Rosa Lee..." I made a sad face at Liza as she scooted over to a different seat. Nervously, I waited for my name to be called. "(Y/N) (Y/L/N), Tyler Joseph...Oh, and I need to see you two after class." I nodded and moved over next to Tyler.

"Hi," Tyler said quietly, showing me a small smile.

"Hi!" I replied, smiling warmly. I couldn't help but notice that he was adorable. Not only was he good-looking, but he seemed like the sweet kind of kid who would be attempting to act tough and break a window.

"I wonder why Mr. Floyd wants to see us," Tyler said, looking a little nervous.

"I don't know," I answered. Truthfully, I had no idea, but I was hoping that it would be something that would allow us to hang out.

Tyler leaned back and zoned out, while I thought about all the things it could be. We could be kicked out, or praised, or assigned to something...

Suddenly the bell rang, signalling the end of the school day. Tyler and I walked over to Mr. Floyd, smiling.

"Well. You two, (Y/N) and Tyler, are some of the best singers in this school. So, I was wondering if you two would sing a duet for the annual school show. A...love song," Mr. Floyd said.

The school show was a show that some talented juniors and seniors put on ever year. The entire school, and most of our city, came to watch it. Me. And Tyler. Performing a love song. In front of hundreds of people.

"Sure," Tyler said. "I'm free today. Want to walk to my place and practice?"

I blushed heavily. "Yeah, sure," I replied. Mr. Floyd handed us a few papers and smiled.

"Thanks. I knew I could count on you. Have a good weekend." We waved to Mr. Floyd as we left and started walking to Tyler's house.

What a wild Friday.

I had to sing a love song in front of all of these people.

At least it was with someone I was sort of in love with.