chapter 35

(Y/N POV)
The six of us all sprinted to the lake. It was surrounded by cliffs and hills, and all around it was gorgeous. Liza and I were the first to run up the cliffs towards the rope swing. Tyler stayed behind, worried.

"Tyler, come up here with me!" I yelled, looking down at him. He shook his head. "Pleeeeease?"

"No!" he yelled back. I sighed. "You shouldn't even be doing it." I rolled my eyes and readied myself a few feet behind the swing. I ran towards it, grabbed the rope, and jumped off.

My stomach dropped. I felt like I was flying. I screamed, partly because of the soaring feeling, but mostly to scare Tyler. I splashed into the surprisingly warm water and swam back up to the top. Tyler looked upset.

"Are you okay? Did it hurt?" he asked. I was laughing.

"Come up there with me. You don't have to jump off, but you should at least go." I pointed up to where Josh was flying off into the water. Reluctantly, Tyler agreed. I knew how much he loved climbing. I assumed it was the falling that scared him.

We climbed up and I gently nudged him towards the rope. He took a few steps and grabbed onto the rope. He wouldn't budge. I hate to admit it, but I pushed him. Hard. He flew off the edge and splashed farther away from the cliff than I had.

I carefully swung from the rope and swam over to him. He looked at me as I was about to apologize, and he splashed me. I laughed and chased him around.

(LIZA POV)
So Josh and I had just kissed. And oh my god. That was not what I expected. We had chemistry. Like reeeeaal chemistry. I hadn't ever felt that way with a guy before. Although I knew he'd had a crush on (Y/N), and I'd had a crush on Tyler, it didn't matter.

It would be so weird if I'd ended up with Tyler and (Y/N) with Josh. I couldn't even imagine a world like that. Not only were (Y/N) and Tyler perfect for each other, but Josh and I were, too. I couldn't imagine a world where things weren't the way they are now.

Josh snuck up behind me and pulled the hair tie out of my hair. I laughed and sighed. He was so immature. It was adorable. I swam after him, threatening to splash him if he didn't give it back. Meanwhile, Brendon and Sarah were chatting in the shade, and (Y/N) and Tyler were battling it out. There splashed and cries of happiness filled the air. Their love was contagious.

"Give it back, Josh!" I yelled, giggling. "My hair looks awful without it!"

"You're gorgeous anyway," he answered, swimming in zig-zag patterns. "But I'm not giving it back."

"Give it back, Josh!" I yelled. He flung it into the lake. "Josh!" I tried so hard not to laugh.

"I'm just kidding. That was a rubber band. Have your hair tie back." He tossed it at me, and I barely caught it. I laughed and rolled my eyes.

(SARAH POV)
I don't think I ever expected to end up on a camping trip with Tyler, Josh, Liza, (Y/N), and my ridiculously sexy boyfriend Brendon. So far, it had been mostly uneventful. Tyler and (Y/N) hadn't had a major kissing session yet. Brendon and I were just chilling out. Josh and Liza were basically glued together. It was pretty much how it usually was.

Next to me, Brendon was quietly singing Bohemian Rhapsody. His band, Panic! At The Disco, had two singers, but he was definitely the best. Maybe I was biased, but his voice was beautiful. God, he was so sexy.

I hated to admit it, but I was pretty sure that we were the only non-virgins in the group. (Y/N) and Tyler were too goody-goody for that. Josh and Liza didn't know each other well enough. It wasn't weird. We'd been dating for years.

Brendon and I were simply destined to be together. At this point we were practically already married. I'd hate to lose him. I'd never be unfaithful. Ever.

"Are we going to swim?" he asked, brushing a little hair out of my face. I smiled.

"Sure." I stood up and ran into the water. Brendon followed me.

(TYLER POV)
She was so cute as she ran away from me, giggling. I swam towards her, grabbed her arm, pulled her in, and kissed her. She laughed and tried to run away, but I kissed her again.

"Stoooop," she muttered, giggling, in between kisses. I heard the click of cameras and turned. A picture of us, smiling, kissing. "That's actually a cute picture."

"Stop being so photogenic when we try to tease you," Brendon whined.

"Oh I'm not always photogenic. But only Tyler gets those pictures," she said, laughing. "My ugly goblin-face."

"So you send nudes?" Brendon said.

"Shut up! I do not!" she answered, crossing her arms. "I would never take a picture of that."

"Brendon, I'm going to slap you," Sarah said.

"Only if it's my butt," he answered, and we all laughed.

"Let's take a group picture," Josh suggested, and we all agreed. We set his phone up on a timer and all posed. (Y/N) hopped on my back, smiling. Josh and Liza had their arms around each other. Brendon and Sarah made silly faces.

These people were like my family.

Best camping trip ever.