chapter 33

(Y/N POV)
I was allowed to go home, but only after many tests and examinations. I don't remember much other than when Tyler was talking to Josh. He sounded scared. Then I slept.

I had a stomach bug for three days after that, and I was exhausted. Today, I woke up, threw up, and walked into the kitchen. I felt much better.

"Hey, guys, do you want breakfast?" I asked. Tyler jumped.

"But you just threw up. Are you sure you're up to it?" he asked, gently stroking my hair. "I can do it."

"You can barely make scrambled eggs." He laughed. "I'll make breakfast, alright?" My stomach wasn't turning anymore, and I washed my hands and got out the ingredients and the pans. Josh and Tyler were texting in the group chat they'd made with me, Liza, Brendon, and Sarah. They'd called it "couplegoals" and they were all making plans for this weekend.

"You guys want to go camping? Lame," I commented, checking my phone. "I'll still go though. I want to get out of the house." We were planning a camping trip by the lake, where we'd go swimming and then sleep in tents. Tents of all things. I hated camping, but I'd never gone with friends before.

"It'll be fun, (Y/N)," Tyler said. "We leave tomorrow. It's a three hour drive." I sighed.

"Who's driving? Are we all in one car?" I asked, stirring the eggs and dumping them in the pan. The only one of us that had a car big enough for the six of us was Liza.

"Yeah. We're taking Liza's van thing. Biggest trunk and the most seats," Josh replied. I smiled excitedly. "So you'll need to bring a swimsuit, pajamas, and two pairs of clothes. One for after swimming and one for the next day."

"Thanks for the info, Mom," Tyler sassed. I laughed and Tyler walked over to the stove. "I'll do the bacon. We all know how often you burn yourself." I sighed and rolled my eyes. It was true. I burned my hands nearly every time I tried to cook bacon, and I was teased relentlessly.

We finished up breakfast and sat down at the table. I picked up my phone and rolled my eyes at their chats.

BRENDON: So. It's on. We meet at Josh's house?
TYLER: Sounds good. It's gonna be awesome. How many tents ya got?
LIZA: Overall, three. Sooo... two to a tent. Couples.
BRENDON: Ooooh, (Y/N) and Tyler are losing their virginities tonight. If they haven't already.
TYLER: Shut up! Why us?!
BRENDON: Because you two are practically glued at the lips. You make out every second.
TYLER: Not true. And so do you and Sarah.
SARAH: Do not.
JOSH: Idk I've never seen it get that intense.
BRENDON: that's because you were asleep.
TYLER: omg shut up!!! We are still virgins.
ME: Duh, Tyler.

"Brendon needs to stop embarrassing me!" Tyler said, setting his phone down. I was laughing too hard to care. "No one was supposed to know about that." Josh nearly choked on his drink.

"So it's true? You guys had a makeout sesh while I was sleeping? Nasty," Josh said. I rolled my eyes, picked up my phone, and took a lip-locked selfie with Tyler and sent it. He gave me a hardcore glare. The group chat simply met it with a chorus of laughing face emojis. Tyler was clearly upset, but I laughed anyway.

I finished eating, set down my phone, and kissed him for real. "No pictures this time." Josh stuck his tongue out and looked disgusted, so we pretended to be really into it.

"Are you taking a video?!" I yelled, trying to swat the phone out of his hand. He sent it to the chat. Luckily, it was clear that it was only for show.

Still.

Tyler was so red he looked like a tomato.

We finished eating and started to pack. We went to our room and grabbed clothes and swimsuits. We packed it all into a tiny suitcase and sat on the bed.

"What do we do now? Tomorrow is so far away," I said, sighing.

"I have no idea. Want to go for a walk?" he asked, and we walked outside. We walked for awhile before a little girl stopped us.

"Are you Tyler Joseph? From twenty one pilots?" she asked, grinning. Tyler nodded. "I'm a huge fan! I went to your concert last week. Can I get a picture with both of you? You're Tyler's girlfriend, right?"

"Yeah, I am, and yes, you can have a picture," I said. We posed, and Tyler was beaming. He'd met a fan! It made his entire day.

That night, we slept in anticipation of the morning. Maybe something good was finally coming our way.