chapter 6

(Y/N POV)
"Two weeks, Tyler," I said, looking at him. Two weeks until the school show. Another week with not a single kiss, even though we were so close, so close, our first kiss almost happened at 2:37 am in Tyler's room with pencils scattered across the carpet.

"We're already finished, (Y/N). Are you really that excited?" Tyler asked, shaking his head. "It's just a show."

"Tyler? What's wrong?" I could tell that something was wrong from the way he picked at his food. He wasn't in his usual, silly mood, and Rosa had been paying him extra attention.

"Nothing," he answered, and I looked at him, unconvinced and concerned. "(Y/N). I promise."

"Okay, Tyler. But you know you can tell me anything," I said, looking into his sweet, hopeful eyes.

"I know that." A smile formed at the corner of his lips. "Also, I want you to meet my friend Josh. After school."

"Okay. I'll see you in music, Tyler," I said, smiling at him.

"See ya!" He seemed considerably happier, and waved cheerfully at me as I walked away.

"...don't tell her that I have a crush on Tyler!" I heard a familiar voice say as I walked out of the cafeteria.

Liza?

I almost turned around to talk to her, but I decided to let it slide. Maybe I had just misheard her.

I hurried to my next class, attempting to focus on the random history tidbits we were discussing, but my mind kept wandering to what I had heard.

What I thought I had heard.

I shook my head, trying to brush it off.

"(Y/N)," my teacher said, startling me. "(Y/N), are you paying attention?"

"Yes ma'am," I answered quickly. Everyone else in the class was staring at me and I felt my face heat up. She raised an eyebrow at me, but continued on with her lesson. I sunk down in my seat, trying to ignore the stares. My eyes barely left the clock as I waited for the bell to ring.

RRRRING.

I shot up out of my seat, grabbed my stuff and hurried out the door and down the hallway, sitting in my seat, awaiting Tyler's arrival.

"Hey, (Y/N)!" Tyler called out cheerfully as he walked in the room. "I can't wait for you to meet Josh!"

"I'm excited!" I answered. The amount of happiness that was radiating from his silly little grin was what made me happy. I could never say no to his sweet little eyes.

"Me too!" He sat next to me, and I rested my head on his shoulder. "Josh is going to love you. I know it." I grinned. He was so truly happy.

I didn't really focus much on class that day. I was just focusing on Tyler and the shivers I felt when our hands brushed for even just a moment.

I couldn't deny that I loved him.

"(Y/N)! Let's go!" Tyler said, grabbing my arm. I stood up and grabbed my backpack, following him out of the school and to a different house only a few blocks farther. Once we reached the small, red, old-looking house, Tyler knocked on the door. A boy, about Tyler's height with brown hair and kind eyes answered the door.

"Hey Tyler," he said. "Hi, are you (Y/N)?" I nodded.

"This is Josh. And Josh, this is my girlfriend," Tyler introduced, grinning. "But I think you both knew that already."

"Are you coming to the school show?" I asked, smiling at him. He shut his door and we all sat down on his porch swing as I awaited an answer.

"Of course. I can't wait to hear your song," he answered. "You guys obviously have a lot of chemistry. Tyler's told me all about you."

"Oh, he has?" I said, looking over at him, noticing a blush spreading across his face. "What does he say?"

"How cute you are, how sweet you are, how much he loves you...stuff like that." Josh looked at Tyler and grinned.

"Aw. I love you so much," I said, putting my arms around him and leaning against him in a sort of sitting hug.

"I love you more," he answered, and I smiled at him.

"You know, I think Tyler was right when he told me that he'd found his soulmate," Josh said. "I would have picked you, too."