chapter 8

(Y/N POV)
"And now, for our final act! Two amazing singers and an original song. Please welcome (Y/N) (L/N) and Tyler Joseph!" yelled out Mr. Floyd. Every part of me was shaking as the curtains rose.

Tyler and I were standing in front of our microphones, him with a ukulele, me tightly gripping the mic stand.

"Sometimes you gotta bleed to know," he began, gently strumming his ukulele strings. "That you're alive and have a soul."

I took a deep breath, and I used every bit of anxiety to smoothly sing the first verse. Then the second. Then we continued until we were only seconds away from the end. Our music class was humming along, and then, my personal favorite part arrived.

My verse.

"If I'm lost, or alone, and I'm far away from home, if I'm miles into wonderland," I sang. "If I'm hopeless, heartless, or wordless, I know that you'll understand!"

"She's the tear in my heart," Tyler sang, perfectly on pitch.

"He's the one for me," I added.

"Oh, can't you see!" we sang, our harmonies perfect. "I know I'm in love with you."

I took a deep breath and a step back. The audience instantly burst into cheers. Our music class was first to their feet, and then the rest of the audience followed.

A standing ovation.

"We did it!" I cried, jumping up and down. Mr. Floyd smiled at us, and the curtain began to drop.

I looked at Tyler, grinning. In an instant, he had rushed over to me. He grabbed the back of my head and placed his lips on mine.

I stood in shock for a moment, but I then placed my hands around his neck and melted into the kiss. Every worry, every bit of feeling, even the need to breathe just disappeared as I savored his lips on mine.

After what felt like an eternity, he pulled away, but I took no hesitation in kissing him back. Electricity shot through my body.

I had been waiting for this moment forever and it was better than I had ever dreamed it could be.

"So," he said as I finally stopped kissing him, "was it worth the wait?"

"That was..." I said, grinning from ear to ear. "That was the most amazing feeling I've ever experienced."

"Good," he answered. "You were my first kiss." He looked embarrassingly red, and I laughed.

"Mine too," I answered, and his face lit up. I laughed. It had finally happened.

(TYLER POV)
I had finally had the guts to kiss her, and it was worth the wait. I stared at the blush that had spread across her beautiful face, and it just hit me: that adorable, beautiful, crush of mine was my girlfriend.

And she was different than all the rest. I knew she was different because she was forever.

She was my ride or die.

I picked her up and spun her around and kissed her again.

"Ew, gross!" Josh cried. "Stop sharing spit! PDA is not okay!"

"Shut up Josh," (Y/N) yelled as she looked at me, laughing hysterically. "You're just jealous that you don't have anyone to do PDA with.

"Ouch," Josh said, placing a hand on his heart. "That one hurt."

"Well you deserved it!" I said, hugging her to me. Her smile could light up the whole world. I had never seen her this happy before, and I just loved her so much.

"Come on Tyler, let's go to your house!" she cried, jumping up and down and grabbing my hand. I laughed at her enthusiasm and followed her.

"I love you!" I said, following behind her. She turned back to me, a mischievous grin spread across her face.

"I know!" she answered, and kept running.

I'm so glad I got assigned to this duet.

A/N Definitely my favorite chapter so far!