chapter 4

(Y/N POV)
It was 2 am. Tyler and I hadn't gotten that much done, but we had figured out what we were including into the song. Now, we were playing Super Smash Bros in his room, our final round determining the true winner.

"No!" I cried, throwing the controller down. "Cheater!" He was laughing and shaking his head.

"Not a cheater. Just a winner," he replied. I smacked him on the arm. I desperately wanted to win. Yawning, I leaned back on the bed.

"Are you tired?" I asked him sleepily. He leaned back on the bed as well. I shivered.

"No, but we can sleep if you want," he answered, smiling. "Are you cold?"

"A little," I answered, rolling over to him. "But there's only one small blanket."

"We can share it," he replied. I moved right next to him as he put the blanket on both of us. He was facing the wall, and I was facing his back, so I gently wrapped my arms around him. "Goodnight, (Y/N)."

"Goodnight Tyler," I mumbled into his shirt. Slowly, I fell asleep.

After what seemed like only a few moments later, I was jolted awake by Tyler's voice.

"(Y/N), please, wake up," he whispered, his voice shaking. He turned so he was facing me. Tears were streaming down his face. He was shaking and obviously was having a hard time breathing.

I could tell he was having a panic attack.

"Deep breaths, Tyler," I whispered, slowly wiping his tears and wrapping myself around him in a hug. "It's okay. I'm here, Tyler." I felt his arms grip me tightly. I kept whispering to him until I felt him calm down.

"Thank you, (Y/N)," he whispered, his voice still shaky. "Sorry that happened."

"Hey, don't be sorry. It's not your fault. I understand, okay? I'm here for you, Tyler," I said, still holding him. I looked up at his sweet face. Those adorable eyes, his sweet smile...

I wanted him to kiss me.

Instead, though, he smiled, kissed the top of my head, and held me while he fell asleep.

I wasn't sleeping.

I couldn't sleep. I mean, I was exhausted, no doubt, but I didn't want him to have another panic attack. I turned my head so that my ear was on his chest and focused on his soft breathing and his string heartbeat.

Slowly, although I fought it, I fell asleep, inhaling his sweet smell. I didn't have any dreams during the night.

"(Y/N)! Are you awake?" Tyler whispered. I yawned, still cuddling him.

"I am now," I mumbled, rolling to the other side of the bed and stretching out. "What time is it?"

"Seven."

"SEVEN?! Tyler Joseph!" I cried, hitting his arm. "It's so early!"

"Well I get up early," Tyler answered.

"Fine, fine," I replied. I rolled back over to him.

"Are we dating?" Tyler asked. I looked at him, shocked. "I mean, we act like we're dating."

"I'm okay with it. You'd have to ask my boyfriend though. He's half of the decision," I answered. He looked at me, shocked.

"You have a boyfriend?!" He looked disappointed and betrayed.

"Yeah. His name's Tyler Joseph," I replied. He grinned.

"Girlfriend."

"Boyfriend." I smiled at him. "I'm going to beat your face at Mario Kart."

"7 am is prime Mario Kart time," he replied, and I laughed.

We played through one cup, and I was victorious.

"I TOLD YOU!" I yelled, then covered my mouth. "Are...are your parents and siblings sleeping?"

"No, they all had to leave earlier to go do some errand. They'll be back later." I breathed a sigh of relief.

"LOSER!" I yelled, and he couldn't hold back his laughter.

"Your face is all red," he said, giggling. I covered my face with embarrassment.

"It's what happens when I get excited. Or embarrassed," I replied, still red.

"Your boyfriend thinks it's cute," he replied, kissing me on the cheek.

"Your girlfriend thinks you're cute." I smiled at him, nuzzling my head in his chest.

"Girlfriend."

"Boyfriend."