chapter 10

A/N yes I know that rab was not written in this time frame but neither was read in my heart!! And sorry for the short chapter.
(Y/N POV)
"Tyler, come on," I said, chasing after him. He had just played another show, and he had messed up the lyrics of one song. He had still sung amazingly and everything else was perfect, yet he was disappointed in himself.

"I messed up," he said, his head in his hands. "I messed up. I ruined the show."

"Tyler Joseph, look at me," I said. "Tyler." Instead of listening to me, he wrapped his arms around me in a tight hug. I rested my head on his chest, and he put his head on my shoulder. I heard him sniff and I felt tears on my shirt.

"Hey, Tyler. Cutie. It's okay," I said and he stepped back. Tears steamed down his face, and I hugged him again. "It's okay."

"Tyler? (Y/N)?" Josh said. Tyler let go and turned to him. "Aw, bud, it's okay." He pulled Tyler into a quick hug.

"I know it's stupid, because they don't know the words or anything but those songs... Those songs mean a lot. To me. And I messed it up," he said. He wiped his tears on his shirt.

"Tyler, the show was still incredible. It's okay, Ty." I grabbed his hand and interlocked his fingers with mine. "You're still my favorite guy."

"And an amazing bandmate," Josh added. "Dude, it's okay. Come on, let's go get some Taco Bell."

"I love you guys. Both of you. Thank you," he said, smiling a little more. I kissed his cheek.

"Anytime," I said. "Come on, let's go." I ran ahead of him, pulling him outside.

"(Y/N), slow down!" he yelled, laughing. "We're gonna go, just slow down."

"But I'm hungry now!" I whined. I turned around and he was grinning.

"How about we talk about the show first," he said, leaning against the wall. I walked over to him happily.

"What're your favorite chords, Tyler?" I asked.

"Chords?"

"Like, on the ukulele. I... I have been trying to learn." I blushed.

"Well, I think A sharp. It's so pretty. And perfect. And it can be a lot of emotions. It reminds me of you," he said, smiling at me.

"Aw, Tyler," I said. "That... means a lot. Thank you." I hugged him tightly and he hugged me back in surprise.

"How far are you on the ukulele?" he asked, motioning for Josh to bring his ukulele over to us. He handed it to me. "Play something."

"I don't know why I feed on emotion," I sang. "There's a stomach inside my brain." Although I wasn't very fast, Tyler was listening intently and beaming. "I don't wanna be heard. I wanna be listened to."

"Does it bother anyone else that someone else has your name?" we sang in unison.

"That's... that's all I know," I said nervously, but the smile on his face was huge.

"That was perfect! That was so perfect. I needed that today. Thank you," he said, smiling at me. "Thank you."

"Anytime, Ty," I said, pushing off of the wall. "Now can we eat?"

"Yes. We can eat," he said, shaking his head. Josh led us to the car, and Tyler and I sat next to each other in the back.

"I'm bored," he said almost instantly.

"Let's play rock, paper, scissors," I said. He nodded. "Rock... paper.. scissors... shoot!"

"Ha, paper beats... wait, what even is that?" he asked.

"It's a match. I burned you. I win," I said. Josh laughed, and Tyler look frustrated.

"That's not in the game!" he yelled.

"We never even established rules, so technically, yes, it is," I argued.

"We never said it was," Tyler huffed.

"But we never said it wasn't."

"But we never said it was!"

"But we never said it wasn't."

"But-"

"Alright, alright, we get the picture!" Josh said. "Just let me-"

"Shh. Hold on," I said, answering my phone. "Hello?"

The words I heard next shocked me. My heart dropped. My breath just... left.

"Josh. Turn around," I said. "We have to go to the hospital."

"Hospital? Why?"

"Liza's had an accident. And she's going into surgery."

"Liza?" Tyler said. "What happened to her?"

"I don't know. Just... just go." Josh nodded and turned around.

"Are you okay?" Tyler asked. All I could do was shake my head. "I'm sorry."

"I... I don't know what to say."

"It's gonna be oka- JOSH! WATCH OUT!"

A screech.

A jolt.

An ear-piercing scream.

And then,

darkness.