chapter 16

A/N This chapter is a little bit more about Josh, but it's important to know this for the rest of the story
(JOSH POV)
Tyler and (Y/N) got back late last night. They were smiling and laughing, and it made me happy to see them both so in love.

It made me wish I had a girlfriend to make me happy like that.

It made me wish that sometimes, just occasionally, that (Y/N) was mine.

Of course, I loved her and Tyler being together. I would never ever ask her to cheat on him. I know Tyler often suspected some kind of hidden romance between us, but that wasn't the case. Did I love her? Yes. But I didn't think that she felt the same way about me.

The phone rang and I went to pick it up.

"Hello? Is this the residence of (Y/N) (L/N)?" a voice on the other end asked.

"Yes. May I help you?" The voice sounded very professional and it made me nervous.

"We have some updates on Liza," they said. When he mentioned Liza's name, my heart skipped a beat. Either I was nervous, or I was in love. I thought it was a little bit of both. "She is going to make a full recovery. You can come in at any time before eight tonight and see her."

"I'll let (Y/N) know. Thank you!" I said, and hung up. There was a huge grin on my face.

(Y/N POV)
Tyler and I were out, working out the details of his concert tonight. Josh had wanted to stay home, so it was just the two of us. As Tyler was talking to a manager, my phone started ringing.

"She's alive!" Josh yelled as soon as I picked up. "Liza! We can see her?"

"Are you serious?!" I exclaimed, and immediately I teared up. "She's actually okay?"

"Yes. I'm going to see her, okay? You guys can meet me at the hospital."

"Tyler and I have to meet with the manager first, but then we can come," I said.

"Eat lunch first," Josh ordered. "Hospital food sucks. I'll see you there."

"Bye Josh," I said. "Thank you for telling me."

"Of course! You know I love you," he said, and I laughed.

"Love you too. See you." I hung up the phone and ran over to Tyler. "Josh wants us to eat lunch before we go to the hospital?"

"Hospital? Why? Is everything okay?" Tyler asked, obviously concerned. I smiled and kissed him.

"Liza is awake. We can see her," I said. "Josh gets to see his true love." He laughed, and grabbed my hand.

"I finished up. Let's go out to lunch." Tyler was working on his new album, which I loved all of the songs on. I was sure that, if not this one, the next album would be a hit.

"Where do you want to eat, my little bean?" I asked, ruffling his hair.

"Taco Bell?" he suggested. I laughed and nodded, and we got in his car. "You know, I bet Josh and Liza like each other."

"I think so too," I agreed. "They really seem to have some chemistry. And he is always so silly around her."

(JOSH POV)
I walked into Liza's hospital room, and I saw her laying down, watching TV.

"Uh, hi, Liza!" I said, nervously. She turned her head, and instantly a huge grin spread across her face.

"Josh!" she exclaimed, opening up her arms. "Come here!" I walked over to her and hugged her tightly.

"I'm so glad you're okay!" I said happily, instantly becoming more comfortable. "I would have been so sad if you weren't here."

"I'm so glad you're here," she said, still beaming.

We sat and talked for a little while before Tyler and (Y/N) got here. Instantly, Liza and (Y/N) got all huggy and girly, and Tyler and I were left to talk.

"I want to propose," Tyler said. "I just wish I was older. So she would say yes."

"You know she would say yes anyway. But you guys are almost old enough to start a family. Just wait a little bit longer," I suggested. "But I want to ask Liza out."

"Do it, dude!" Tyler said excitedly. "She'd say yes."

"Hey Josh, I have a question," Liza said.

"Me too," I replied. "Let's ask it at the same time."

"1..." she counted.

"2..."

"3."

"Will you go out with me?" we asked in unison. I smiled at her, and she smiled back.

I was about to answer when suddenly, I heard beeping. Nurses rushed into the room and shoved us aside.

"Charge... CLEAR!"