chapter 7

A/N: Just a filler chapter. Skip past if you only care about the story.
(Y/N POV)
Tomorrow.

14 hours, 23 minutes, and 23 seconds as of this moment until the school show.

And my excitement had been replaced by an overwhelming nervousness.

"Are you excited?" Tyler asked as he set his tray down next to mine, sliding into the seat.

"You guys are gonna rock this!" Liza encouraged, sitting on my other side.

"I am so scared! What if we screw up?" I squeaked.

"We won't! Calm down!" Tyler soothed, putting an arm around my shoulders.

Taking a bite of my dry, flavorless sandwich, my mind drifted to the sea of anxieties that I had stored up.

"(Y/N). Stop," Tyler said, kissing the top of my head.

"How did you know I was freaking out?" I asked, looking up into his sweet eyes.

"Because." He looked down at our wrists, both of us wearing rubber bands around them. "Because I know you."

"And you get that fidgety look in your eyes," Liza said, smirking at me.

"14 hours, 15 minutes and 27 seconds until the school show. But hey, who's counting?" I said sarcastically, shrugging at Liza.

"Oh hush," Tyler said. "You are spending all of that time with me. We need to practice anyway."

"Ooh, a sleepover, hmm?" Liza said, grinning.

"Shut up." I punched her lightly in the arm.

"We haven't even kissed, so," Tyler said through a mouthful of food. I was kind of shocked. So... he acknowledged it too?

(TYLER POV)
Instantly I could tell by (Y/N)'s perspective that she was shocked I had even mentioned it. But I let it slide.

"It's just a few extra singing practices," I added, and she nodded in agreement.

"Can I come?" Liza asked. I knew from the way she turned up her voice at the end and the little twinkle in her eye that this was her attempt at flirting. (Y/N) looked angered and hurt.

"Nope. You'll have to watch it with everyone else," I answered, looking into (Y/N)'s adorable, heart-melting eyes and smiling when her frown turned into an adorable grin.

"I'll share some kisses with you, (Y/N)," Josh said, sliding into our table. Instantly, she perked up, laughed, and hugged him.

"Nah, those are reserved for Tyler," she said, giggling. He laughed along with her.

"What're you doing here?" I asked, slightly surprised.

"I came here for lunch," he said, smiling. He looked over at Liza. "Oh, hi. I'm Josh."

"I'm Liza," she said, smiling her usual flirty grin. (Y/N) rolled her eyes at me and I let out a small laugh.

After a few minutes of chatting, the bell rang and we all stodd up.

"See you in music," I said, smiling at her.

"Hey, that's my line!" she said, grinning as she walked away.

I love you too? I thought to myself, remembering her innocence as I walked away, laughing quietly.

She was perfect.