chapter 9

A/N: This story is not intended to be chronologically accurate. Or in less fancy words, the times that things happen aren't necessarily the same in this story as they are in real life :)
(Y/N POV)
"Hey, hey, (Y/N)!" Tyler called, jogging up to me.

"What's up, buttercup?" I asked, smiling sweetly at him.

"Well, Sunshine," he said, using his sweet nickname for me, "my band has a gig tonight."

"Oh my goodness!" I cried, wrapping my arms around him and engulfing him in a sweet hug. "I can't wait! Can I come?"

"You've got backstage passes," Tyler said, grinning. "Just for my little ray of sunshine."

"I love you so much!" I said, jumping up and down. "I'm! So! Excited!" He laughed, and sat down on the curb, patting the spot next to him for me to sit down.

"Me too, Sunshine." He wrapped his arm around my shoulders and smiled at me.

"You do know that you're the cutest person right?" I asked, smiling at him.

"Only second to you," he answered. "And that's a lot. You only get this title because I love you."

"I love you more!" I said cheerily.

"That's impossible, Sunshine," he said, smiling at me.

"Nothings impossible," I answered.

"This isn't supposed to be logical. Just let me be nice," Tyler said, fake pouting. I laughed.

"Sorry, I'm smart. I can't help it." I grinned.

"You've got such a big head that I can't even see past you. Look, someone's walking over here and I can't see. Your ego is blocking my view," he sassed.

"Oh shut up Tyler!" I answered.

"Yeah Tyler," Josh said as he sat by me. I flashed Josh a big smile.

Tyler and Josh were your classic pair of best friends. They did everything together, whether it was annoying me or just hanging out. They were like brothers, and since the moment I had met Josh I had liked him. He was sweet, he was funny, and he was an awesome best friend to Tyler. Whenever Josh was near he instantly became happier, and I loved it. His sweet smile was contagious.

"You guys always have to gang up on me," Tyler said, fake pouting.

"Now you have another one who will gang up just as much," a voice said. A good-looking guy with brown hair and a sweet smile sat next to Josh.

"Brendon!" Tyler said, reaching across me to high-five him. "What's up, dude?"

"Not much. Who's this pretty lady?" he said, smiling at me. Although with anyone else it would have been weird, I felt more comfortable around Brendon.

"This is my girlfriend (Y/N). (Y/N), this is Josh's boyfriend Brendon," Tyler jokingly introduced.

"Ew, no way," Josh said, laughing. "Brendon's one of my best friends, but he's with Sarah."

"She's the most perfect girl on earth," Brendon said dreamily.

"Second most perfect. My girl can't be topped," Tyler said, kissing my forehead. I grinned and blushed.

"Whatever, Baby Face," Brendon said accusingly. I laughed. Tyler looked hurt.

"Okay, Beebo," Tyler mocked. I laughed again.

"Ladies, ladies. Calm down," Josh said, placing a hand on each of their shoulders. "It's okay. You're both equally beautiful."

"I disagree," I said, pulling Tyler into a kiss.

"Anyway," Brendon said, sounding annoyed, "do you guys want to go get something to eat before the show?"

Still kissing Tyler, I flashed Brendon a thumbs up. I tried to pull away but he kissed me again before I could even get a word in. God, he was irresistible. Everything about him was so perfect.

"Oh, uh, sorry!" he said, jerking back. "I, uh, I kinda got a little caught up in that."

"Aw, it's okay," I said, putting my head on his shoulder.

"Okay, PDA couple, you want to get something to eat?" Brendon asked again.

"I already said yes!" I replied, and stood up. "Come on, let's go."

TIME SKIP: After the show

"Goodnight everybody!" Tyler said. Although the group of people was less than twenty, he played with the passion you'd have at a sold out arena. The whole show, the songs, were so beautiful. I couldn't get the words out of my head. It was so beautiful.

"Hey Sunshine, how'd you like the show?" he asked, walking off the stage. "Why are you crying?"

"Tyler, it was the best show I've ever seen!" I said. "It was perfect."

"Really?" His face lit up, and I nodded. "Thanks Sunshine." He grinned and kissed me quickly.

"That was so sick!" Josh said, running over to us. I ran over to Tyler, and hugged him from behind. He bent down and put me on his back.

"Guys I'm starving," Brendon said, walking out from the audience. "Let's go eat."

"Oh Brendon," I said, laughing. "Alright, let's go to-"

"Taco Bell," Tyler interrupted.

"Yeah!" Josh said. "Come on."

Brendon followed Josh out, and Tyler ran around, giving me a piggy back ride. I was laughing so hard I could barely breathe.

"This was such a good show, Tyler," I said, catching my breath. "I love this place, too. I'm going to remember this for the rest of my life."

"Me too," Tyler said. "One day when we get married and have kids, we can come back here. And show them this. If the thought of that isn't crazy, that is." He turned red.

"It's not crazy," I said. He set me down, and I walked in front of him, facing him.

"It's not?"

"No. I love you enough to make it there." He grinned, his smile bright enough to light up the whole room.

"I love you more than enough," he answered.

And we kissed.