chapter 45

DAY TWELVE
(Y/N POV)
It was impossible to be happy after the past five days. I'd bought plane tickets, and Tyler and I had barely spoken. We weren't mad at each other, just upset. It was so hard to think about how soon we would be torn apart. Twenty days. That was it. Only twenty more days until I was leaving.

"Hey darling," Tyler said, walking into my room with a huge smile on his face. "I want to take you out on a date tonight. We should go out to dinner and you can wear one of your fancy dresses." I smiled at him, and stood up.

"Okay!" I answered happily. "I'll start getting ready." I looked through my closet and pulled out a black dress that went just past my knees. It was casual but cute, and Tyler hadn't seen me wear it before. We hadn't had a date night in a while, and I was excited.

I left my hair as is and walked out into the living room, where Tyler was wearing a suit and tie. I grinned at him.

"Well hello there, handsome," I said, and he held out his hand.

"Hey there, gorgeous." We smiled at each other, and Josh was smiling too as he took pictures.  "I have a reservation at this one restaurant. It has really good reviews. And it's really fancy," he said happily. "It's gonna be great."

"What time is the reservation? It's five-thirty right now," I told him.

"Time to go, then. Bye, Josh!" We waved and walked out the door to our car. "Alright, it's about twenty minutes."

We drove down the highway towards the restaurant. All was good, of course, until the traffic poured in.

"We've been behind these cars for like an hour!" I said, annoyed. "Can't they go faster?"

"We're gonna miss it!" Tyler answered, tapping his foot. "These people are horrible. This is why car wrecks happen. Everyone has to slam on their breaks." The traffic began to move, but slowly. Tyler was clearly stressed.

"It's alright, Tyler. I'm sure we'll make it in time," I comforted. In reality, I wasn't sure. It was already five fifty, and we were only a few miles from the house. "And even if we don't-"

"We will. I promise you, tonight is going to be amazing," he said, smiling a little. "Everything is going to be fine." He ran a hand through his hair and impatiently waited the same as everyone else.

Eventually, we finally left the traffic. It was a smooth drive, but once we arrived, it was six twenty. We ran inside.

"Do you have a reservation?" a man asked, looking at us.

"Yes, for Joseph," Tyler said. "Our reservation was at..."

"...at six," he finished. "Your table has already been taken by other customers. If you want to wait in line, please feel free to do so." He looked annoyed as he pointed to the large cluster of people who were waiting.

"Don't you have any other tables that are empty?" Tyler asked. The man sighed.

"We do, but they're going to the people who are first in line. If you want a table, go wait." He was clearly fed up with us, so reluctantly, we sat down.

"(Y/N), I'm so sorry that tonight isn't like I planned," he said, looking at me. "I'm going to miss you so much when you go off to college."

"I'm going to miss you too, Tyler. But we still have twenty days together. That's plenty of time. This doesn't ruin everything," I told him, looking at his sad face. "We have plenty of things we can still do together."

"I know that, but tonight was supposed to be special. It was supposed to be one of those nights you remember for a long time, in a good way," he said, upset. "Now we're just waiting in line."

"I'm not letting this happen," I said, standing up. "Come on."

"Where are we going?" he asked, standing up after me.

"Somewhere," I answered. I got in the driver's seat. "We're going to do something."

"Well, I'm hungry, and I'm sure you are. So we should at least get food," he suggested. I nodded.

We drove around in silence for a bit, until I found just what I was looking for. "Here," I said, parking. "Food."

"IHOP?" he questioned.

"Pancakes are delicious," I said, smiling and holding his hand. We walked in and sat down at a table.

"I really am sorry," he said.

"Don't be sorry." I smiled at him, kissing him across the table. "It's perfect."

A/N: sorry I have no updating schedule and sorry this chapter is awful lol