two

lea | unknown

lea | unknown

LEA WAKES up to the sound of a text. The brightness of the light blinds her eyes and she works on rubbing her palms over her face to dust the detectable sleep off of her eyes. 

good morning, beautiful.

She feels her sleep fade away instantly and a sense of panic drives through her features. It takes her a few minutes to realize who the text was from. Her fingers scroll through the messages from last night.

huh?

it's me who sent it to the wrong number today.

and, i just realized that.

well, now that we're talking, good morning.

good morning.

that text was for my girlfriend before you jump into thoughts that i go around texting random girls.

you read my mind.

so, i get that you're a girl?

pardon me, but i've been taught to not reveal information about myself to strangers.

of course, you're a girl. your name's lea.

and, i get that you're a boy, stranger.

or, I could be a girl with a girlfriend ;)

...

i'm sorry for being so blind.

kidding. i am a guy.

my girlfriend's the only one in my inbox and therefore, i sent the message without thinking. my bad.

i get it.

Lea manages to drag herself out of her bed when Leighton's voice enters into her ears. "Babe, who're you texting this early in the morning?" She walks towards her. Her eyes widen as her mouth opens to ask," Is it the guy from the party?"

"No," she states. "It's a wrong number."

"Oh," she moans. "Is it a guy?" She flutters her eyes dramatically. A smile grows on Lea's face as she nods slowly. Leighton's mouth widens in surprise.

"What are you guys talking about?" Carrie interrupts the conversation with a towel wrapped around her body. She walks towards her table where her clothes are placed and simultaneously removes the towel draped over her head.

"Lea's talking to a stranger with a smile on her face," Leighton declares, her eyebrows wiggling as an action to tease her.

"Oh my god, Lea. Who knew you were wild?" Carrie asks, astonishingly, as a wide smile spreads across her face.

"You guys are the worst," Lea shakes her head. "You can't jump to conclusions without knowing the fact," she says and watches her two best friends looking at her with their eyes wide open waiting for her to continue. "Yes, he's a boy and a stranger. Big deal."

Leighton opens her mouth to speak but she's stopped as Lea gets up from her bed and walks towards the bathroom with her phone in her hand. "I'm going to take a shower," she announces nonchalantly while tying her hair into a bun.

She walks into the bathroom and the scent of Carrie's Lavender shower gel enters into her nostrils. Her hands work on opening her inbox and she immediately presses the delete icon above the thread of texts from the stranger.